Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Issues with T68

I am having a few issues with my T68. I got it from Amazon which I guess makes it a different version from what a lot here are using. I wasn't aware there was more than one version. I rooted with Towel root. All in all so far I am very pleasantly surprised at how well it's working.

Anytime I install an app from the Play Store or install manually I get a msg pop up that says "Unfortunately Search has stopped". I've gotten it a lot of other times too, but consistently get it then. Is anyone else getting this or does anyone know how to fix?

I also have a problem with page refresh when using AlReader. Whenever the page refresh happens, it doesn't change to the next page, but if I then tap the screen to change the page it jumps two pages ahead. This happens with every page refresh.

The other page refresh problem I have is how to force one outside of the reading apps? My home page gets pretty bad sometimes (using ADW launcher) and also using Moon+ pro. In Moon+ I changed the background color from white to light grey and I could see the after images of previous text. Is there an app to force a page refresh?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The easiest way to force a page refresh is to tap the power button twice - ie put it to sleep and wake it up again. This will force a full screen refresh.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest way to force a page refresh is to tap the power button twice - ie put it to sleep and wake it up again. This will force a full screen refresh.
Thanks. I really should have been able to figure that out myself.

The problem I had with the pop up that says "Unfortunately Search has stopped" seems to have come from ADW launcher. That's the only app I didn't restore after I did a factory reset. I'm now using Nova launcher and it works much better anyway.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The problem I had with the pop up that says "Unfortunately Search has stopped" seems to have come from ADW launcher.
Sounds likely. It's an error I haven't seen on mine. (I haven't rooted mine.)

BTW, I'd recommend installing the new firmware update. It significantly improves the accuracy of the touchscreen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote