Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #16
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Even my H2O is starting to show significant signs of battery life reduction,
My battery also shows signs of degradation (I bought it at the very end of 2014, as Xmas gift to myself), but if someone buys new device, not used one, battery should be fine. Second hand devices are different story.

And when I mention signs of degradation, I still get much longer reading times than what I see from people with KA1. So I'm fine with it.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #17
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
My battery also shows signs of degradation (I bought it at the very end of 2014, as Xmas gift to myself), but if someone buys new device, not used one, battery should be fine.
There are no new Aura HDs. They were discontinued over two years ago.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
But you can buy the H2O2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #19
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you can buy the H2O2.
Which was exactly what I said in my first comment: you can buy a recently-manufactured H2O, or a new H2O2, if battery life is important.

In the subthread you're replying to, I was responding to a post by Ken suggesting an Aura HD, with me saying that the Aura HD is not a good idea from a battery point of view.

Last edited by meeera; 05-23-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #20
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3x55...8512-eub6yrrBy

I saw a 4000mAh that might just fit, as well.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #21
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry, I referred to your post where you say that your H2O shows signs of battery degradation (please, look what I quoted). I don't know anything about Aura HD and thus I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

On the other hand, I think you still can buy new H2O (not H2O2) with intact battery that would operate for fairly long time (at least 3-5 years, maybe even longer).
Old 05-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #22
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Sorry, I referred to your post where you say that your H2O shows signs of battery degradation (please, look what I quoted). I don't know anything about Aura HD and thus I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

On the other hand, I think you still can buy new H2O (not H2O2) with intact battery that would operate for fairly long time (at least 3-5 years, maybe even longer).
Yes, you quoted oddly and selectively. My entire post was "If battery is a major concern, I'd suggest not getting an Aura HD, as they're pretty old now. Even my H2O is starting to show significant signs of battery life reduction, though more recently-manufactured ones should be ok. If you can wait, take a look at the new edition 2 H2O."

And then not one but two blokes went on to correct me ... by saying exactly what I just said. *headdesk*
Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #23
Alan_S
Evangelist

I really don't have anything with what others say to you.

I commented what I commented and that's it.

Sorry for others commenting you wrongly, but I just wanted to point out that H2O is still great device battery wise. Even if my over 2 years old device shows some lower battery.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #24
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
What do you guys think about the Kobo Aura Edition 2? Will KOreader run well on this unit?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #25
Alan_S
Evangelist

It will.

But, I wouldn't prefer that device, as I already explained here. And why.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #26
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Alan_S

I took a second look at Aura2 and I am not liking what I saw as well, especially given that there is no sd card slot ;(

It seems like I cant buy Kobo because

- I need a 6 inch device ( I carry my reader in my pocket)
- I need a device with sd card support
- I need a recent device with better screen like Carta
- I need a device with front light.

As far as I can tell there is no Kobo device that has these features combined ;(

I am not sure if any of those non sd card devices`s internal memoeries can be upgraded to soemthing like 32/64 gb.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #27
Alan_S
Evangelist

Well, that is a problem. H2O is a bit larger, but you may try to see if actual device dimension will fit in your pocket. Other features are according to your wishes.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
- I need a 6 inch device ( I carry my reader in my pocket)
And when you carry a Reader in your pocket, you risk it breaking. A pocket is not safe to carry an eInk Reader. So you would be best to get an H2O especially if it won't fit in your pocket.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
loviedovie
Addict

@JSWolf

You are right and I seem to break one every 2 years But being able to not rely on additional carrying material when on the is a big plus to me.

@Alan_S

Yeah It seems bulky and wont fit into pockets well, at least not to back pockets generaly. But I appreciate all the feedback you gave. I have a much beter picture about my path with Kobo.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:57 AM   #30
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
@JSWolf
Yeah It seems bulky and wont fit into pockets well, at least not to back pockets generaly.
I also carry my e-readers in pockets, but I strongly suggest to never carry it in a back pocket, not even in covers.

The best pocket for an e-ereader (or a large mobile phone - covers included!) is inside a jacket's helm, like this
Buy a jacket that has such pockets or where they are easy to add.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote