Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Draft2Digital now distributes to OverDrive

Saw this at The Passive Voice and thought I would pass it along, this seems like it could be a big deal for (some) indie authors. I know there have been some discussions about how to do this in the past.

http://draft2digital.activehosted.co...9151c9bde11.69

Quote:
One of the most frequent questions we hear from D2D authors is, “How can I get my books into libraries?”

We’re pleased to announce that, starting today, Draft2Digital now distributes to OverDrive, enabling our authors to place their books into one of the most trusted and far-reaching library distribution services on the planet.
OverDrive currently serves more than 38,000 libraries and schools, in 70+ countries, including public, college, and corporate libraries.
As a D2D author, you’ll be able to distribute your books through OverDrive and receive benefits you won’t find elsewhere:
  • Lower minimum pricing—Set your price as low as 99 cents
  • Better royalties—Earn 46.75% of your list price
  • No contracts or limitations—Distribution with OverDrive is opt-in, and you can choose to include or exclude your books right from your Author Dashboard
The next time you log in to Draft2Digital, you’ll see a pop-up that will let you include all your books at once, making it easy to start distributing right away! If you’d prefer to wait, you can opt in one book at a time, any time.

The addition of OverDrive to D2D’s catalog of distributors has been long anticipated, and we’re happy to present this new channel to our authors. It’s just one more way that Draft2Digital is helping authors reach new audiences, worldwide!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Cool news I guess.
Let me do a little research. Ok researched.
Not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.
It appears there is no vetting of the books d2d distributes.
This means the libraries will be getting the good, the bad and the ugly.
I wonder what the length of the contract d2d has with Overdrive.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-01-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2017, 03:53 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't currently use D2D, but it's good to hear about what they're doing. Thanks Dazrin.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I would guess this might also make authors work available to/at BAM and other retailers that use OverDrive? Maybe not a huge deal, but could be good for some authors.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote