Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #16
havant
havant began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Paper White
Jarte Plus

Have you looked at Jarte? I started with the free version and then went for the paid version ($20). For me a great way to input text. Minimal distracting stuff at the top and easy to setup just the way you want it. Default output is RTF which can be read by an other decent word processor.

I have MS Word, Libre, Open Office, Scrivner and several other programs but none works for me like Jarte Plus.
havant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #17
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
I use LibreOffice (a spinoff of open office) exclusively for my writing. It does everything I need, save for proper file name versioning. Beyond that I have no issues with it. I just have to be disciplined enough to properly do my own manual versioning. Beyond that, it does everything I need.
Since I do software development I have my own Subversion server and I use TortoiseSVN for access from Windows File Explorer. When I first moved my writing projects under Subversion control I was pleasantly surprised to find that TortoiseSVN will show load differences into LibreOffice (and presumably OpenOffice) as file comparisons. A very neat way to discover what you've changed between versions of a file, and with the commit log it's a neat way to track what you've been doing. ... Just in case you're interested.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
software, writing