Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #271
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Delphi Classics have just released what looks like an excellent edition of the "Collected Works of C.S. Forester. It has all the "Hornblower" novels and short stories, in addition to half a dozen of his other novels (including "The African Queen") and many short stories.

Only available for people in, or visiting, countries with a life+50 copyright term.

https://www.delphiclassics.com/shop/...parts-edition/
Rats! My father used to be a big "Hornblower" fan when I was growing up, but I never understood the attraction. I had hoped the Delphi edition would give me an inexpensive way to sample the series.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:08 AM   #272
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Plague, by Albert Camus is part of today's Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal for 99p.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #273
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Delphi Classics have just released what looks like an excellent edition of the "Collected Works of C.S. Forester. It has all the "Hornblower" novels and short stories, in addition to half a dozen of his other novels (including "The African Queen") and many short stories.

Only available for people in, or visiting, countries with a life+50 copyright term.

https://www.delphiclassics.com/shop/...parts-edition/
Thank you so much for posting the link. I've been wanting ebooks of several of his non-Hornblower novels for some time, esp. The Ship
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 AM   #274
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon has 13 free Kindle books of contemporary Chinese fiction in translation:

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie-UT8&node=13302502011

"Celebrate the Lunar New Year with a FREE Kindle download of Chinese translated literature, including Happy Dreams by Jia Pingwa" (https://twitter.com/AmazonKindle/sta...94461082906625)
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #275
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
Amazon has 13 free Kindle books of contemporary Chinese fiction in translation:

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie-UT8&node=13302502011

"Celebrate the Lunar New Year with a FREE Kindle download of Chinese translated literature, including Happy Dreams by Jia Pingwa" (https://twitter.com/AmazonKindle/sta...94461082906625)
I only could find 8, but thanks!
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #276
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I only could find 8, but thanks!
I found 11. The link itself has 9 of them.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #277
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I found 11. The link itself has 9 of them.

I had 13 free from the link
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	162460  
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #278
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I had 13 free from the link
Maybe it's displaying differently for us. At any rate, now I have all the titles.

I've mostly given up freebies. But how can you pass up thirteen chances to peek into another culture?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #279
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, only displaying 8 books for me, with no usual option to click for more. But the books cycled a bit today, so two of the eight were new.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #280
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Yeah, only displaying 8 books for me, with no usual option to click for more. But the books cycled a bit today, so two of the eight were new.
It should actually be nine. There are eight covers and one (Happy Dreams) in the banner.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #281
TrevorViking
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It should actually be nine. There are eight covers and one (Happy Dreams) in the banner.
It’s really an unusual page, as the banner isn’t a link for me. But I’ve used KyBunnies’ pic to track down the ones I was missing. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #282
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Today's Big Deal at Kindle UK is six John Steinbeck titles for £0.99 each. I really like most of Steinbeck's books, although I have a bit of bias since I lived for a long time in one of the areas (Monterey Peninsula/Salinas, California) that he writes a lot about.

Titles are:
  • Of Mice and Men
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • Cannery Row
  • East of Eden
  • Tortilla Flat
  • The Pearl
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #283
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
The Russia House, by John Le Carre is 99p in today’s Kindle Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russia-Hous...9616516&sr=1-3
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #284
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Man from Battle Flat (box of 3) - Louis L'Amour - $1.13
https://www.amazon.com/Man-Battle-Fl...dp/B06XPMH4KG/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #285
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

John Irving's A Widow for One Year is $4.99 at Amazon. I usually only share books that are less than three bucks, but this is the cheapest this one has ever been.

Ruth Cole is a complex, often self-contradictory character--a "difficult" woman. By no means is she conventionally "nice," but she will never be forgotten.

Ruth's story is told in three parts, each focusing on a crucial time in her life. When we first meet her--on Long Island, in the summer of 1958--Ruth is only four.

The second window into Ruth's life opens in the fall of 1990, when Ruth is an unmarried woman whose personal life is not nearly as successful as her literary career. She distrusts her judgment in men, for good reason.

A Widow for One Year closes in the autumn of 1995, when Ruth Cole is a forty-one-year-old widow and mother. She's about to fall in love for the first time.

Richly comic, as well as deeply disturbing A Widow for One Year is a multilayered love story of astonishing emotional force. Both ribald and erotic, it is also a brilliant novel about the passage of time and the relentlessness of grief.