Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
LastSilmaril
Enthusiast
LastSilmaril began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G, KV 3G
Social sharing of highlights and notes from Personal Documents doesn't work

Using a Kindle Voyage 3G. I've tried everything: unlinking and relinking accounts, reconverting my files, trying different files &c. Every time I try, I get an email message from "Amazon Kindle Social Networks" saying that my highlights and notes posting failed and to try again.
Upon calling Kindle support, they said that highlights and notes posting from personal documents just doesn't work. Which is weird: if that were the case, the 'Share' button in the Kindle UI should be greyed out or removed entirely. Moreover, I have been able to do this in the past. Sure, Goodreads would attribute the quote to 'Anonymous' but at least it got up there.
So the question is: is this actually unsupported? And if so - when, exactly, did they make this change?
LastSilmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I can't remember the last time it worked, but it has been awhile. Maybe it worked on Kindle Keyboard at one time? or still does?

I think as with a number of such things there is a calibre trick that would let you side-load something and that would be recognized for sharing. But I'm more of a 'play it as it lays' sort of person and it seems like too much trouble to bother with.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I can't remember the last time it worked, but it has been awhile. Maybe it worked on Kindle Keyboard at one time? or still does?

I think as with a number of such things there is a calibre trick that would let you side-load something and that would be recognized for sharing. But I'm more of a 'play it as it lays' sort of person and it seems like too much trouble to bother with.
If Calibre has added a pseudo-ASIN the current position is shared over all your devices so this may be needed to get this to work.

Try it with a Baen book for the Baen ebooks store ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I couldn't post my highlights to facebook until I went to settings>app in facebook and deleted the amazon app. After reinstalling it everything worked again.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Sharing of personal documents doesn't seem to be supported. Recently, when I shared highlights from books purchased at amazon the bookcover doesn't appear when previously it did.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert