Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Calibre 0.7 CTD in wizard

When using the Welcome Wizard to change to different libraries, I'm seeing crashes:

Code:
philosoph@plato:~$ calibre

** (<unknown>:30093): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed
link  hasn't been detected!
link  hasn't been detected!
Restarting with: /opt/calibre/loader ['calibre']
Fatal Python error: cannot get zipimporter instance
Aborted
philosoph@plato:~$
This is on Ubuntu Karmic.

With the new features in 0.7 it's making more sense to me to keep everything in one library.

Has anyone tried merging two libraries yet? My initial thought is that I'm going to have to do a Save to Disk and then Add Books from directories. But if I'm right, this will lose all my covers, comments & series info.

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
With the new features in 0.7 it's making more sense to me to keep everything in one library.

Has anyone tried merging two libraries yet? My initial thought is that I'm going to have to do a Save to Disk and then Add Books from directories.
Yes.

Quote:
But if I'm right, this will lose all my covers, comments & series info.
No. Make sure you have the two Preferences|Add/Save|Saving Books options that start with "Save" turned on. One saves the cover, the other the metadata in an opf file. During the Add Book step, if the .opf file exists, all the metadata will be read from it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont use the welcome wizard to change libraries. Use Preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Dont use the welcome wizard to change libraries. Use Preferences.
Ok, thanks! I thought that option copied the old library to the new location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
No. Make sure you have the two Preferences|Add/Save|Saving Books options that start with "Save" turned on. One saves the cover, the other the metadata in an opf file. During the Add Book step, if the .opf file exists, all the metadata will be read from it.
Thanks! That appears to work like a charm!

Looks like it will take a couple of hours for the full export/import process - but the first couple I tested individually worked just fine.

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Ok, thanks! I thought that option copied the old library to the new location.
No if it detects an existing library in the new location, it will use it instead of copying the old library over.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
I have installed and uninstalled calibre about 10 times and I still do not get a welcome wizard. I want to set it up to work with both my Sony reader and my iphone but I cannot even get to the point where I can set up the library. I have been able to add books however, and I have no idea where they are adding to. Can someone help me?
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you go into Click on the Library icon you will be shown its current location.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
capjap

Great...it is set in Calibre Library, so I guess I am good to go
Old 07-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
capjap

Now I realize that since I did not get the Welcome Wizard I have not been able to tell it that I have a Sony Reader. When I try to download to device, the reader does not appear anywhere....what next?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
capjap

This is frustrating, but I think I might have it all figured out. I finally got the sony icon to appear, but don't know how I did it, since I connected it in the same way several times with no result. This last time, the icon appeared and I was able to move some books over
Old 07-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by capjap View Post
This is frustrating, but I think I might have it all figured out. I finally got the sony icon to appear, but don't know how I did it, since I connected it in the same way several times with no result. This last time, the icon appeared and I was able to move some books over
If you have the iphone connected then connect any other reader the second reader will not be seen. Connect only one device at a time or disable the plugin for Apple devices and use connect to itunes to transfer books to itunes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote