Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
Question support for 302 model and term for 903 release

Hello,

just wondering if there is any commitment of pocketbook to keep enhancing the 302 model, I ask this seen there seams to be newer models just around the corner. I assume the 302 will then be replaced by the new models ?

Ideally an "9 inch 302" is what I would like (assuming RSS works ) and I think the 903 should be that model (based on this).
I also saw that the 901 should be out somewhere around July/August , any idea of the time frame for the 903?
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
Hello,

just wondering if there is any commitment of pocketbook to keep enhancing the 302 model, I ask this seen there seams to be newer models just around the corner. I assume the 302 will then be replaced by the new models ?

Ideally an "9 inch 302" is what I would like (assuming RSS works ) and I think the 903 should be that model (based on this).
I also saw that the 901 should be out somewhere around July/August , any idea of the time frame for the 903?
Yes, about two months later (September/October). That device will have 3G, W-Lan, Wacom.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
thank you,
then what I would like to know if I now buy now a 302, if this will still be updated for like a year or so.
I don't want to buy this and then hear in 3 months, to bad, it's old stuff, get a new one if you want this bug fixed.
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
thank you,
then what I would like to know if I now buy now a 302, if this will still be updated for like a year or so.
I don't want to buy this and then hear in 3 months, to bad, it's old stuff, get a new one if you want this bug fixed.
Pocketbook is still giving support for its old 301 model and it's more than 2 years old, so I would count on that.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Alas, mtravellerh does not reply to that particular point (continuing support and enhancement concerning the PB302).
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Alas, mtravellerh does not reply to that particular point (continuing support and enhancement concerning the PB302).
Oh of course I do. The 302 will be continued to be supported and enhanced, just like the other PB models. In fact, we will offer soon a bluetooth keyboard for the device and a writer/text program.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
That's great! The writer program announcement was one of my key reasons for purchasing it (as was the double battery life as compared to PB360 or competing devices; I do hope this will come true soon too). As long as we are wishing: a font size (or rather 2 of them) in ADE in between the too small and the next too large ones.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
That's great! The writer program announcement was one of my key reasons for purchasing it (as was the double battery life as compared to PB360 or competing devices;
The battery life on my PB 302 is indeed awesome. But I have to remember to turn of the accelerometer. That shortens the batter life considerably. So I usually leave it on but if it's going to be more than 4 or 5 days between charges I will either turn off the accelerometer or remember to turn of the 302 when I'm not going to be using it for a while.

Quote:
As long as we are wishing: a font size (or rather 2 of them) in ADE in between the too small and the next too large ones.
It looks like you get your wish in FW 15.2. There are now 6 font sizes in ADE. The extra one seems to be between the smallest and the next size up. It's quite usable.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote