Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
SunGod84
SunGod84 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Question LIT to Epub Conversion Question

I went through multiple threads trying to find this specifically and came up empty so if this is already posted somewhere could you kindly point me to the thread.

So I downloaded some .lit files of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series. I loaded all of the books on and edited the meta data with no complications. However I noticed that two of the books that calibre converted went from the low hundred count on pages(300-400) to the low thousands(2000-2600) with each page only having 2-3 lines of text per page. I'm trying to solve the issue but with little success so far. The only thing that is weird is that 3 of the 5 books converted without issue. Any advice on this would be helpful. If any clarifications are needed just ask. Thanks
SunGod84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGod84 View Post
So I downloaded some .lit files of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series. I loaded all of the books on and edited the meta data with no complications. However I noticed that two of the books that calibre converted went from the low hundred count on pages(300-400) to the low thousands(2000-2600) with each page only having 2-3 lines of text per page.
As far as Calibre goes you get out what you put in. If you gather garbage from the internet then you'll get garbage out.

Create a temp directory (place the directory in debug) and run the the conversion with debug on. After conversion this directory will show you each step of the conversion. You can look at the html code at each step and go from there.

Good Luck!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert