Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Crack password-protected .PDF's?

I'm trying to convert a password-protected .PDF into HTML (with Adobe Acrobat Pro. 6.01) for use with iSiloX, but apparently it's not possible. Is there a way to bypass the protection (for altruistic purposes only, of course)?
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yeah usually PDF protection is quite easily defeated (didn't some Russian from Elcomsoft get into serious trouble because of this?).

You may want to try Advanced PDF Password Recovery. Another good password cracking tool is from Acrobat Key from LostPassword. Both tools are shareware, and I am not sure how much they do for you if unregistered.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 AM   #3
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Advanced PDF Password Recovery converts only the first 20 (or so) pages of a doc.

-Stobs.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Also, Advanced PDF Password doesn't work on Virtual PC. And the Acrobat Key trial only works on passwords of 3 or less characters. It's a shame, too. I was really looking forward to getting this .PDF into HTML for iSilo-ing. Maybe I'll just bruteforce it myself over the next 20 years (or so.)

Or not.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Wink

I can do it for you.... for a small fee.
Advert
Old 04-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
And, I belief that if you publish your protected pdf on your own webserver, and let google index it, you can access it completely without drm.

It was in the news recently so if it still works, you're going to have to be quick.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Jaapjan, are you referring to this news? It only works for restricted PDFs, but not with PDF files that are password-encrypted.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote