Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Load a single book seems to crash

Just upgraded to 0.5 and running the Windows GUI on Vista.

When I try to add book from a single directory, Calibre completly shuts down.

I made a new folder and copied the book I wanted to it and successfully added by using add books from directories sub folders etc. Tried to load from single directory but calibre crashes before i can select folder.

Any ideas

Last edited by gandor62; 03-11-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: cant type
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I"m also running Vista, and just tried loading a book from a single directory.

No problems here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It shuts down at what point after sowing the file selection dialog or before. Note that you can also drag and drop files into calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
It shuts down as it displayed the Folder (directory). Ill try the drag and drop.. thanks

NB: Hmm I rebooted computer and problem has gone away... adding perfectly now. Problem at my end.....

Last edited by gandor62; 03-11-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Problem resolved
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote