Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Not Hjacking- Two Fonts, No Breaks

So based on what I read in this thread, I can use span tags in words to make small caps. Does it also work with two different embedded fonts?

For example, if I want to do a title where the capital letters are a variant of the same font with extra ruffles and flourishes.

Making a new thread because I don't want to hijack, and my HTML skills are still about where they were the last time I posted.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This is really an EPUB question (I can move this thread for you)

Yes, that is a good use for a span

Code:
<h3 class="ct"><span class="sc">the stuff to sc</span> the rest of the text </h3>
I believe is the style for the Block level contains the overall style and the span(s), the exceptions to that.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Go ahead and move the thread, theducks. It really is a general EPUB topic.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved from Sigil
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is really an EPUB question (I can move this thread for you)

Yes, that is a good use for a span

Code:
<h3 class="ct"><span class="sc">the stuff to sc</span> the rest of the text </h3>
I believe is the style for the Block level contains the overall style and the span(s), the exceptions to that.
If you want a different font for the capitals, then you would have to have a different <span> around them.

e.g.
Code:
<h3 class="ct"><span class="sc">T<span class="lowerSC">he</span> S<span class="lowerSC">tuff</span> T<span class="lowerSC">o</span> S<span class="lowerSC">c</span></span> the rest of the text </h3>

CSS:
.sc {font-family:"ruffles_flourishes"; font-size:1.1em; text-transform:uppercase}
.lowerSC  {font-family:serif; font-size:.9em}
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert