Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
One Project down (almost) - One Million to go

The chalkboard door is almost done. I have a few more touch ups to do.

What this is ... the chalkboard portion and the inner part of the frame are painted on the door. The upper square is a magnetic section. There are also magnetic strips going around three sides of the chalkboard. The bottom part of the frame has a chalk ledge.

I made the frame out of lattice wood and cove moulding and then mounted it to the door. The door is the one that goes from the kitchen into the pantry and seems to be where I'm always standing when I remember something I need at the store.

I know it's not perfect, but then it doesn't really need to be. It's not that sort of house (not with 20 cats in it).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005sm.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	14840  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
RM.........that looks really neat!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Cool!

(But how does it sync with your PDA? )

Last edited by nekokami; 07-31-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: rimshot
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Cool!

(But how does it sync with your PDA?)
hehehe...

(hey neko, what's with the giant ad ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(hey neko, what's with the giant ad ?)
Giant ad? Am I advertising a giant somewhere???
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Your door looks pretty Great, from where I'm standing!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Giant ad? Am I advertising a giant somewhere???
Your emoticon appears to us(?) as a largish (larger than an emoticon) png saying "emotty.com FREE EMOTICONS" (which I personally agree with - I believe we have constrained and oppressed and exploited emoticons for far too long, and emancipation is long overdue).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Your emoticon appears to us(?) as a largish (larger than an emoticon) png saying "emotty.com FREE EMOTICONS" (which I personally agree with - I believe we have constrained and oppressed and exploited emoticons for far too long, and emancipation is long overdue).

Cheers,
Marc
We need an down under rail road to help them to freedom
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Ok. It was supposed to be a smiley playing a rimshot on the drums, and I got it here: http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/587.png

But apparently only I can see it. Something about that catnip-infused chocolate, perhaps....
Old 07-31-2008, 09:52 PM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Ok. It was supposed to be a smiley playing a rimshot on the drums, and I got it here: http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/587.png

But apparently only I can see it. Something about that catnip-infused chocolate, perhaps....
I see it fine. It's an animated PNG file, so there may be browser related issues on the part of those who can't see it. (I run Firefox 3 under WinXP Pro SP3.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I see it fine. It's an animated PNG file, so there may be browser related issues on the part of those who can't see it. (I run Firefox 3 under WinXP Pro SP3.)
______
Dennis
Me too (running FF3 under WinXP SP3). I still don't see the animation; only the ad'. I shall later on go look upstairs on the iMac.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Me too (running FF3 under WinXP SP3). I still don't see the animation; only the ad'. I shall later on go look upstairs on the iMac.
Ad? What ad? All I see is the PNG.

(I run the NoScript extension for FF, which blocks scripting activity for sites I haven't white-listed. I also run custom CSS, in the form of FiltersetP, using the Stylish extension that can run arbitrary CSS on specified pages. FiltersetP defines a number of elements as ads, and tells Firefox not to render them. I occasionally have to turn off my standard filters to see what people are complaining about )
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Ad? What ad? All I see is the PNG...
Rather than getting any animated PNG, some of are simply getting a png that says "emotty.com FREE EMOTICONS". It looks like this:

As you can (hopefully) see, it's just a plain, old PNG "ad"vertising what I assume is the host for the "free emoticon" you and Neko are seeing.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Rather than getting any animated PNG, some of are simply getting a png that says "emotty.com FREE EMOTICONS". It looks like this:

As you can (hopefully) see, it's just a plain, old PNG "ad"vertising what I assume is the host for the "free emoticon" you and Neko are seeing.

Cheers,
Marc
That's what I see as well both in FF and IE on a Vista machine.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The chalkboard door is almost done. I have a few more touch ups to do.

What this is ... the chalkboard portion and the inner part of the frame are painted on the door. The upper square is a magnetic section. There are also magnetic strips going around three sides of the chalkboard. The bottom part of the frame has a chalk ledge.

I made the frame out of lattice wood and cove moulding and then mounted it to the door. The door is the one that goes from the kitchen into the pantry and seems to be where I'm always standing when I remember something I need at the store.

I know it's not perfect, but then it doesn't really need to be. It's not that sort of house (not with 20 cats in it).
Is there a way to change the font size on that message? My eyes are too old to read it.

Good job!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!