Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
orientation

how can I get reversed landscape mode so that the buttons on on the right hand side when reading in landscape mode.

Thanks
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
What "buttons" are you referring to?... no matter, you can't do what you want on the unrootedT1
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
What "buttons" are you referring to?... no matter, you can't do what you want on the unrootedT1
buttons are all located on one side of the T1...

I have rooted my T1, but I don't know if changing orientation is possible.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 05-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
To change functions of PRS-T1 buttons requires rooting your reader. Ask this question on a thread at this link to get answer for how to and if easily possible.

Sony Reader Dev Corner
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
FinancialWar
Banned

Jesus.. I am not asking to change the function of the buttons.
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok your frustration is showing lol but maybe if you were to be clearer in what you want rather than getting mad at people who are trying to help you would get a better answer "buttons" can mean both the "touch screen" and the hardware buttons, however the answer remains the same you can change from portrait to landscape as built into the device software, anything else and you are into rooting and 3rd party software
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I actually thought he was pretty clear. When you put the reader in landscape mode, you turn the reader clockwise so the buttons (hardware buttons on the surface of the reader) are on the left. He wants to change the orientation of landscape mode so he turns the reader counter-clockwise to read, putting the hardware buttons on the right.

I don't have a T1 or know what can be changed with rooting, but if it were possible, I'd saying rooting would be your only hope of doing that.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
FinancialWar
Banned

^^^

Thankyou.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 05-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Would it take a lot to have a gizmo like my sat nav , where the orientation changes itself automatically when you turn the device on its side (or vice versa).

It's great to play with - haven't taken it by surprise yet, but have hopes......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
bla
E bookworm

The hardware buttons on the T1 are along the bottom of the device neither left or right so it doesn't make sense and it is still not clear what the original poster wanted.you obviously can't change the location of the hardware buttons hence the suggestion about functionality,and you cannot change the orientation of the screen other than portrait/landscape without rooting etc...so.... maybe the original poster will elaborate?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Would it take a lot to have a gizmo like my sat nav , where the orientation changes itself automatically when you turn the device on its side (or vice versa).

It's great to play with - haven't taken it by surprise yet, but have hopes......
The device would need an accelerometer in it. My PocketBook has one, and I love its automatic orientation feature. I was a bit disappointed when I bought the T1 later and it didn't do the same.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This is currently how landscape mode is viewed on the T1:

But this is how he wants to turn the T1 to read in landscape mode:

It's not a question of trying to physically move buttons, but just how to turn the reader to read in landscape mode. So as already said, if it's possible, it would only be through rooting. As I don't own a T1, I don't know the options available with rooting, I was hoping someone else who has done it could say yes or no about the possibility.

For FinancialWar, in the Dev Corner, I found this recent post that might get you on the right track:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178049
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Unrooted T1 only rotates 90 degrees in one direction and back to vertical.
Unlike Kobo touch that can rotate on around to have button on top or other side.

No Accelerometer, maybe it is to increase battery life not just to lower cost.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I think I understood, the OP just wanted the buttons on the right side 'cos he'd find it easier/more comfortable that way round - actually, I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer that myself, but in the portrait - in other words, Sony, don't bin it ! Just move the buttons ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Unrooted T1 only rotates 90 degrees in one direction and back to vertical.
Unlike Kobo touch that can rotate on around to have button on top or other side.

No Accelerometer, maybe it is to increase battery life not just to lower cost.
No accelerometer is fine, it's a reader not a smartphone after all. But least give us four options when choosing orientation. Sony only gave us two which is limiting.

I prefer holding the reader with my right hand, but the physical buttons are all on the left when reading in landscape, hence my thread.