Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #2881
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Wow! Lady President is fierce even without her hellhounds. I'm so proud to be a part of this.
With great power comes great responsibility! The office of President should always be respected.

(Shush, I can mix universes if I want too! )

Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #2882
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Just like Murphy!

Quote:
Wow! Lady President is fierce even without her hellhounds. I'm so proud to be a part of this.
"Tiny, but fierce!"

Librarian of Trivia - Emeritus
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #2883
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
"Tiny, but fierce!"

Hee Hee Hee
Old 11-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #2884
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #2885
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Hey, Who are you calling LOUD!?! Oh, yeah, nevermind...Carry On.
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #2886
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
"Tiny, but fierce!"

This almost made me spit out my coffee!
Well played!!!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2887
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Just saw this on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skin-Game-Dr...dp/035650090X/

Pre-order open there, UK release date of Jan 16, 2014.
Is it too early to say I TOLD YOU SO?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #2888
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is it too early to say I TOLD YOU SO?
No, it's too late to say it. That info was first posted by Alan on 10.28.13.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #2889
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I can't wait...it's killing me.

Even though the countdown was (way) off, I was still hoping to have it by Christmas.
My suggestion is to start a new countdown using Amazon's date of Jan 16, 2014 until we find out otherwise.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #2890
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Well, I reckon we'll just have to adjust it. As much as I hate to admit it, if he's still writing the damn thing, it 'aint a gonna be released in less than a month!

I suggest changing it to Jan 16, 2014 now and getting used to the new timeline. Hopefully there won't be too many "I told you so's".
Too late for that too. I suggested that already!
:P
Old 11-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #2891
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Well, given that I was away from the computer for a bit...

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-24-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #2892
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

edited to add:

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 11-23-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #2893
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Right On!!

Quote:

edited to add:

Last edited by alansplace; 11-23-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #2894
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

...............Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim9.PNG
Views:	145
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	115707
“You backbiting, poisonous, treacherous,
deceitful, wicked, clever girl. If this works
I'll buy you a pony.”
― Jim Butcher, Summer Knight

Librarian of Trivia, Emeritus
Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #2895
AlbertaCowboy
Guru

My wife went in for LASIK eye surgery on Friday, and couldn't watch TV or go out or do anything but sit in the dark for thirty or so hours. I put Storm Front on her ipod, and she was hooked immediately.
I'd been trying for literally years to get her to read the Dresden Files, but she thought it was too far out of her reading tastes.
She wants me to load the books that I have onto her phone now so she can play them through the speaker while she's at home with Molly.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy