Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
O'Donnell, Elliott: Scottish Ghost Stories. 17 Sept 07

Here is a nice selection of ghost stories from author/ghost hunter, Elliott O'Donnell.

Mr. O'Donnell wrote several popular novels but specialized in what were claimed as true stories of ghosts and hauntings. He had a psychic experience at the age of five, in a house where he saw a nude elemental figure covered with spots. As a young man, he claimed he was half-strangled by a mysterious phantom in Dublin.

He eventually became known as an authority on the supernatural and he was called upon as a ghost hunter. He also lectured and broadcast (radio and television) on the paranormal in Britain and the United States.

His view on the subject: "I have investigated, sometimes alone, and sometimes with other people and the press, many cases of reputed hauntings. I believe in ghosts but am not a spiritualist."

This book was published in 1912 and covers 17 cases that he investigated in Scotland.

I'm a sucker for ghost stories, especially true ghost stories. I'm halfway through this book, and I have to admit that some of these are really spooky. Much creepier than I thought they would be—especially a story describing a certain young lady in the phantom regiment of Killiecrankie.

Best if read alone, at night and with the wind howling outside.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That avatar is really disturbing. Enough so that I kinda don't care what's posted as long as I can scroll it off off the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Jon, I read your post and for some reason, I just sat here and laughed for around 10 minutes. It was so random! Very funny. It was an avatar that some old guy used in one of my scooter forums. No clue where he got it, but it made me laugh--looks like some crazy motorcycle guy after a long ride. But I don't wanna scare people away from my posts, so it's been changed.

I am quite fond of it so I can't promise that it won't come back sometime though!

Last edited by tsgreer; 09-23-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The avatar you have now is quite nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
How did your previous avatar look like? I am curious
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
tsgreer

Quote:
How did your previous avatar look like? I am curious
Ok, here is the pic that disturbed Jon so much:
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
TsGreer.

Dude thats a SWEET! avatar. Dont let that bully talk you out of being yourself man! He's not the bossayou! Put it back up!!!

BTW.. Thanks for the book!

Roy
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Ok, here is the pic that disturbed Jon so much:
Oh my.

I like your current one much more...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I dunno. The current one reminds me of mall security on a Segway
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
tsgreer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
I dunno. The current one reminds me of mall security on a Segway
Ha ha! That is funny! Actually when I was 8, I had a patch of the Cobra-On-Wheels graphic that was found on some Torino Cobras in the 1970's. You can't get much farther away from a Torino Cobra than driving my scooter--top speed 35 mph but it gets 100 miles to the gallon! I thought it would be cool to modifiy it a bit (scooter wheels rather than racing car wheels) and stick on my scooter. Here in the US, it's still pretty rare to drive a scooter, so we personalize them a lot if we drive them. Common everywhere but here, I guess most people like their big trucks...

But since our forum is about e-books, we better let this thread die because I'm sure people are bored to tears discussing my avatar and I'm expecting a comment regarding this fact any day now. I promise to stop messing with my avatar now and get back to posting books!

Last edited by tsgreer; 09-25-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Hey, lots of my friends have always had scooters. Why, I knew jedi knights in new orleans!

And I refuse to let the thread die. Ok, just this once.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #12
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm tempted to lift that bug tooth avatar and post it as my own!!!

Just kidding...
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote