Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 02:26 AM   #16
thumbstump
thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
This extension provides exactly the functionality I was searching for. I too can not believe that Amazon did not include such a setting on the Voyage.

I have run into one issue, though.... I use a passcode to lock my Kindle. If the Kindle falls asleep or I close the cover while the extension is activated, I can not type in my password to unlock the device. Because it is not unlocked, the page turn buttons do not work, so I can't deactivate the extension.

The only workaround I've found is to restart the device using the power button, which in turn disables the extension completely requiring opening KUAL to reenable it. Is there a more elegant solution?
fixed. See new attachment. Let me know if you run into any more problems
thumbstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:56 AM   #17
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Nice update, thank you!
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #18
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbstump View Post
fixed. See new attachment. Let me know if you run into any more problems
Thanks so much! Confirming that the update fixed the issue with the passcode and screensaver.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
konga056
konga056 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Would this extension work for the Oasis as well?
konga056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by konga056 View Post
Try it, post back your results.
Remember, on the Oasis you must use the booklet version of KUAL.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:21 AM   #21
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Thank You!

I stumpled uppon this hack accidently. Working perfekt on Voyage FW 5.8.7.

Great extrension and somehow essential on a Voyage.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #22
phungkun
phungkun began at the beginning.

Device: voyage kindle
I am using KV. Intocable doesn't work on Koreader as i have seen. Does anyone know how to make Intocable work when using Koreader? THANKs.

Last edited by phungkun; 05-09-2017 at 11:12 PM.
phungkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #23
unidevel
unidevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
This extension works well on kindle oasis 1st gen!

However, there are 2 issues.
1. KOA can swap the prev/back buttons. This extension will change the default button settings.
2. This extension seems lock KOA's auto screen rotation.

Last edited by unidevel; 12-26-2017 at 04:00 AM.
unidevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:02 AM   #24
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
This extension seems not to work on a KOA2 5.9.0.6 the screens remains touch sensitive.

However it does lock auto screen rotation and it swaps and locks the prev/back buttons to reverse setting as long as its running, when stopped the buttons revert to previous setting
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by makue View Post
This extension seems not to work on a KOA2 5.9.0.6 the screens remains touch sensitive.

However it does lock auto screen rotation and it swaps and locks the prev/back buttons to reverse setting as long as its running, when stopped the buttons revert to previous setting
Install the current firmware version for the KOA2 -
It has touchscreen disable built into it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202200380
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #26
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbstump View Post
Using this hack, the buttons work as usual, but if you press and *hold* the 'previous page' button, it turns off the touchscreen ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by konga056 View Post
Try it, post back your results.
Remember, on the Oasis you must use the booklet version of KUAL.
Has anyone managed to get this working on the original Kindle Oasis?
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #27
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by unidevel View Post
This extension works well on kindle oasis 1st gen!

However, there are 2 issues.
1. KOA can swap the prev/back buttons. This extension will change the default button settings.
2. This extension seems lock KOA's auto screen rotation.
Oh so someone has done it.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote