Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Overlong time difference between post and email notification

For some time now I've noticed how long it takes from a post to be made and the notification email to be sent. At the moment I'm awaiting an email notification from a post made at 12.19pm, and it's currently 12.42. Ahh, I can correct mnyself, the email has just arrived at 12.43pm. That's a 24 minute wait!

But that is only one example, it seems to be happening all the time.

So, what's going on?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
For some time now I've noticed how long it takes from a post to be made and the notification email to be sent. At the moment I'm awaiting an email notification from a post made at 12.19pm, and it's currently 12.42. Ahh, I can correct mnyself, the email has just arrived at 12.43pm. That's a 24 minute wait!

But that is only one example, it seems to be happening all the time.

So, what's going on?
What are the origination (MR) timestamps on the email.
It could be a routing delay by the mail servers anywhere in the path to your mail service.

Another thing that affects notification is how (in)frequent your mail client connects (or has connectivity)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Testing
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What are the origination (MR) timestamps on the email.
It could be a routing delay by the mail servers anywhere in the path to your mail service.

Another thing that affects notification is how (in)frequent your mail client connects (or has connectivity)
Okay thanks I'll check the time stamps and report back (when next on the PC, sending from phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Testing
Thanks Peter.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Okay thanks I'll check the time stamps and report back (when next on the PC, sending from phone)

Thanks Peter.

FWIW
The timestamp for the notification for your message was 21:47, same minutes as posting (13:47 my local). My mail client got it at 13:56. I have it set to check every 15 min)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I received a message alerting me to post #4.

Timestamps are
Code:
Received: by 10.31.169.131 with SMTP id s125csp1674503vke;
        Sun, 17 Jan 2016 13:47:40 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.194.23.70 with SMTP id k6mr20323094wjf.54.1453067259945;
        Sun, 17 Jan 2016 13:47:39 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <delivery+zswwistklguls6fqlhstvuonby-ge2dkmzqgy3tenjxfuytemzvga@b.mobileread.com>
Received: from postfach.slogh.com (postfach.slogh.com. [80.74.135.71])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id n123si20975071wmb.41.2016.01.17.13.47.39
        for <peterjt@gmail.com>
        (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
        Sun, 17 Jan 2016 13:47:39 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of delivery+zswwistklguls6fqlhstvuonby-ge2dkmzqgy3tenjxfuytemzvga@b.mobileread.com designates 80.74.135.71 as permitted sender) client-ip=80.74.135.71;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=pass (google.com: domain of delivery+zswwistklguls6fqlhstvuonby-ge2dkmzqgy3tenjxfuytemzvga@b.mobileread.com designates 80.74.135.71 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=delivery+zswwistklguls6fqlhstvuonby-ge2dkmzqgy3tenjxfuytemzvga@b.mobileread.com;
       dkim=pass header.i=@mobileread.com;
       dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=mobileread.com
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mobileread.com;
	 h=content-transfer-encoding:subject:content-type:mime-version
	:message-id:from:date; s=meta; t=1453067258; x=1454276858; bh=B/
	0e/bIYqQ8RYoF9NycqCfln0kwYpPJhrs3+3qeFpCM=; b=vz8LTFMINz4KKm90Qp
	XPINnvAs/ArYCnIBrXNjLB389mcemMyekJ+f8KmQmAh3G0kPxAy7INGbire9ZzWf
	3gb/DQdYF7/Vm4p8GGl/9IKPWPrxf9KkWabzBGIbBepSl987Us39vhZXDNipQOA6
	THpVAL9G8vMaTvzIvTv0ftJ08=
Received: by postfach.slogh.com (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 7DDDF1C3987
	for <peterjt@gmail.com>; Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:47:37 +0100 (CET)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:47:37 +0000
Messsage 4 has a timestamp of 4:47 pm; all the message timestamps seem to agree.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Thank you both for helping me out

The thing is, it was my phone notification which, because of email pull, instantaneously (so the theory goes) receives emails, not my PC (which is set to receive emails every three minutes).

So, that's what makes me say it seems to be an issue at the MR/country of server origin end .......
Old 01-19-2016, 12:35 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I just received a MR email notification timestamp arrived at my computer is 12:31am I went to MR and the timestamp on the post was 12:31am. No delay noticable in that exchange.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote