Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #61
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.2.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Ensure lock series index maximum value is far higher.
  • Ensure the lock series index text is all selected by default to allow overtyping when dialog displayed
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can this plugin manage a book that fits in multiple series?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #63
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Ensure lock series index maximum value is far higher.
  • Ensure the lock series index text is all selected by default to allow overtyping when dialog displayed
Thanks Kiwidude
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #64
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JSWolf - just read the first post (or try it) for all the things it supports - you will see that it does support having multiple series columns.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I tried to insert an empty book into the series: (PI v.1.2.3)

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.58
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QDateTime(): too many arguments
  QDateTime(QDateTime): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
  QDateTime(QDate): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
  QDateTime(QDate, QTime, Qt.TimeSpec timeSpec=Qt.LocalTime): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
  QDateTime(int, int, int, int, int, int s=0, int msec=0, int timeSpec=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 634, in add_empty_book
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 563, in renumber_series
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 237, in populate_table_row
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.common_utils", line 292, in __init__
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QDateTime(QDate, QTime, Qt.TimeSpec timeSpec=Qt.LocalTime): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
  QDateTime(int, int, int, int, int, int s=0, int msec=0, int timeSpec=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When using this plugin to put a book in multiple series, does it actually put said book in the correct order in the collections of the multiple series?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #67
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
- just read the first post (or try it) for all the things it supports - you will see that it does support having multiple series columns.
Wow, I never realized this and I've used the plugin from day 1. Hopefully it's a recent update as my hands hurt when I think of all the typing I did a while back in some custom series columns. Don't know why I never thought about clicking on the choice arrow in the series column box until I read this comment.
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #68
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I tried to insert an empty book into the series...
Ditto, error message came up, plugin doesn't crash, it lets me fill in title but after selecting ok and closing plugin, title shows up as "unknown" in calibre.

Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.8.58
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:arguments did not match any overloaded call:

ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #69
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
Ditto, error message came up, plugin doesn't crash, it lets me fill in title but after selecting ok and closing plugin, title shows up as "unknown" in calibre.

Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.8.58

Dat's wot I meant to say
Old 07-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #70
kiwidude

v1.2.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug fix for empty book where the pubdate column would error from a null date.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #71
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When using this plugin to put a book in multiple series, does it actually put said book in the correct order in the collections of the multiple series?
No, you can only manipulate one series at a time with this plugin - whatever series column that you choose in the dropdown, that is the set of manipulations that will be saved. Any changes that may have been made for other series column(s) while you had the plugin window open will be discarded.

This is intentional and won't be changed - after all by saying a book belongs in a different series you are likely going to be working with a different selection of books anyway. And as proven by a bug in the early days of this plugin it all just gets too complicated trying to work out whether changes to a particular series column that isn't currently selected were intended by the user or accidental such as by being the default when they opened the dialog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
Wow, I never realized this and I've used the plugin from day 1. Hopefully it's a recent update as my hands hurt when I think of all the typing I did a while back in some custom series columns. Don't know why I never thought about clicking on the choice arrow in the series column box until I read this comment.
Hate to break it to you but the multiple series column feature has been in there since day 1. If it makes you feel any better it didn't work very well due to the bug I mentioned above until v1.2.1 but that was still almost a year ago.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #72
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I've created my first ever empty book today as a place holder for a series where I am missing a title. My question is only indirectly related to this plug-in, but when I purchase the actual book I'm missing, will it be 'seen' as a duplicate when I add it to Calibre?

I had no clue there was a multiple series column feature - I've been trying to figure out what to do with a couple of anthologies I have that contain books of different authors / different series.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #73
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I've created my first ever empty book today as a place holder for a series where I am missing a title. My question is only indirectly related to this plug-in, but when I purchase the actual book I'm missing, will it be 'seen' as a duplicate when I add it to Calibre?

I had no clue there was a multiple series column feature - I've been trying to figure out what to do with a couple of anthologies I have that contain books of different authors / different series.
IMHO, drag and drop the book into the existing Metadata/details record and avoid all the confusion
Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #74
kiwidude

@copyrite - it isn't related to this plugin in that the answer is no different to if you added an empty book via the Add menu. Whether a duplicate book gets created or the format gets merged comes down to (a) how you import the book and (b) what your add book settings are.

If you do as theducks says and search for the book first and then drag/drop onto the book details panel or open the edit metadata dialog and drag/drop onto the formats area then it will 100% merge.

If you drag/drop onto the main window or add using the Add dropdown, then it firstly depends on your settings for reading metadata/filename regular expression etc. That will determine whether the book is evn identified as "possibly" a duplicate.

Assuming it does match, then it comes down to whether you have ticked the Automerge box in Preferences -> Adding books and which option you chose. See the help/other forum threads for more info on that.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #75
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
If you drag/drop onto the main window or add using the Add dropdown, then it firstly depends on your settings for reading metadata/filename regular expression etc. That will determine whether the book is evn identified as "possibly" a duplicate.
Or he could use Add -> Add files to selected book records. That does the same as drag & drop, I think. I use it most of the time; the dragging and dropping isn't natural to me. I like to give explicit commands to do something, I guess
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series