Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Tfb
Tfb began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Lightest Nook case?

I just got a Nook and I'm really enjoying it. I like the idea of a case for protection (it will often be riding around in a bag with lots of other stuff) and looks, possibly also standing it up, etc. But I really don't like how much weight and bulk they add to the Nook. And I do like the nice white edges!

Does anyone have recommendations for nice, lightweight and low bulk, and relatively low cost cases? I ordered this one from Amazon and I like how that it's soft, and that it stands, but I think I'm going to return it becaues it makes the Nook 3 times as bulky and maybe twice as heavy.

Thanks!
Tfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I got this one with my used Nook:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Laut...?cds2Pid=36189

It adds very little bulk, but I don't think it's very pretty...

This one looks like tha same type of cover, but MUCH prettier:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Nouv...?cds2Pid=36189
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I find the Nook Color quite heavy to hold for long periods - after playing about with it the weekend I got it, my wrists ached.

Which is why I've ordered this cover from Amazon.

There's also this one for portrait orientation if you prefer.

That way I can sit it on a table or lap desk and the weight doesn't matter.

I'll tell you how I like it after it arrives.

EDIT: Aw, shoot - I just realized you're talking about the Nook Classic and not the Nook Color. Never mind.

Last edited by khalleron; 05-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
The lightest-weight and lowest-profile nook case I have seen, and have tried, is the Industriell front cover: http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=35723
It's not the least expensive option out there, but I believe it is the most minimal. The quality is very good and I haven't had any problems with damaging the nook while carrying it in a bag with that case on.

Good luck!
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I've got an M-edge Latitude jacket on my e-ink Nook.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/nook-latitude.psp

Comfy to hold and folds back really nice. I'm still pretty happy with it (wife misbought it for her Kindle 2 originally).

It's 4.9oz.

I have the same Javoedge flip case for my Nook color, except in black:

http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Edito...4565159&sr=1-3

...it's 7 ozs and a bit wider (especially due to the little stand thing on the back).

It's bulkier than the latitude jacket for sure, and not quite as comfy to hold (since the back sneaks up a little at times vs the fold over style on the latitude).

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 05-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Tfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I got this one with my used Nook:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Laut...?cds2Pid=36189

It adds very little bulk, but I don't think it's very pretty...

This one looks like tha same type of cover, but MUCH prettier:
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Nouv...?cds2Pid=36189
Thank you! They both look really nice and it's nice that I can go to B&N and see how they feel.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
Tfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
The lightest-weight and lowest-profile nook case I have seen, and have tried, is the Industriell front cover: http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=35723
It's not the least expensive option out there, but I believe it is the most minimal. The quality is very good and I haven't had any problems with damaging the nook while carrying it in a bag with that case on.

Good luck!
This looks really promising! And it's good to hear you've had good experiences with it on the go as well. I'll have to try it out at B&N.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
Tfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I've got an M-edge Latitude jacket on my e-ink Nook.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/nook-latitude.psp

Comfy to hold and folds back really nice. I'm still pretty happy with it (wife misbought it for her Kindle 2 originally).

It's 4.9oz.

I have the same Javoedge flip case for my Nook color, except in black:

http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Edito...4565159&sr=1-3

...it's 7 ozs and a bit wider (especially due to the little stand thing on the back).

It's bulkier than the latitude jacket for sure, and not quite as comfy to hold (since the back sneaks up a little at times vs the fold over style on the latitude).
Thanks!

How do you find the weight for these things? It's frustrating that Amazon and B&N seem to list all the spatial dimensions but not the weight.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfb View Post
Thanks!

How do you find the weight for these things? It's frustrating that Amazon and B&N seem to list all the spatial dimensions but not the weight.
Best source is generally their website. I got the m-edge weight from m-edge's website.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #10
dannygator7790
Avid Nook Color Reader
dannygator7790 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
I have to say I love the M-Edge trip jacket. It's not heavy at all on my nook.

You can also check out this website: Covers for the nook for some great ideas.
dannygator7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
Here is one for $8.95 w shipping that looks pretty decent. I just ordered one.

http://nuvo-tek.com/products-page/ereader-case-covers/

Last edited by JKenP; 05-15-2011 at 11:14 AM.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case nook lightweight