Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #1051
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I did it as you said, but it's still the same.
It gives me ****JAILBREAK**** sign, but after python, I get unsuccessful installation and 007 error.

Yesterday, I foolishly rested it to factory default by holding the power button for 30 sec.
After that all my books were gone, and I had to re-register the kindle.

Now on top of not being able to update the SS Hack, most of the books I send from Calibre, I can't open on kindle. It gives me that message that I should download from cloud. And all of the books that act that way have corrupted covers, meaning, the image that is cover image looks all jumbled up. Sometimes, after trying to open such a book, kindle keeps reseting on its own, until I delete the books from it.

I seriously messed this thing up =__=
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #1052
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You must've done something else as well, holding the power button just triggers a hard reboot, not a reset?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #1053
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, I just held the power button for 30 sec. All my books were gone, but collections were still there.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #1054
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I concur with eschwartz, what you physically did and what happened doesn't track, which leads us to believe something else happened, or the device is simply fubar'ed (which itself would be a bit weird, if the device appeared to be working fine before that).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #1055
Geralt
Witcher

Well I cant know what happened, but do you guys know what I can do to normalize it again?
Advert
Old 05-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #1056
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd go with a factory reset and a reinstall/update of a full official update, that should mostly get it back to factory status.

Depending on the current FW version (>= 5.4.2.1), you might have to look at the 'special' downgrading instructions. (They're in a thread somewhere, I should really keep the link handy, because it keeps popping up ;D).

EDIT: There: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=235413&page=2

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #1057
Geralt
Witcher

Thank you, Ill give that a go
Old 05-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #1058
Capt Ahab
Capt Ahab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
First - thanks for all the work putting this together.

I am having a bit of trouble getting the book covers to display. Following the instructions and placing a blank "cover" file in the linksys directory is getting me the default kindle screensavers.

Without the "cover" file I am getting the "The ScreenSavers Hack has been successfully installed!" wallpaper.

Any idea how to fix this so I can get the book covers?

I am using windows 7. In order to get the blank "cover" file, I copied and renamed the "auto" file in the linksys directory.
Capt Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #1059
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Capt Ahab: Windows is probably being sneaky and appending a .txt in there.

I'd recommend using KUAL for that sort of thing anyway .
Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #1060
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Hi guys. Do you know if this hack works with PW1 5.4.4.2 firmware? Thanks!

Last edited by atleon; 05-14-2014 at 03:30 PM.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #1061
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@atleon: Most likely, yes.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #1062
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I thought so. I can't make it work but I'm sure I'm not doing something well.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #1063
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@atleon: Then I'm going to need more details than a simple "not working" to guide you .

What did you do, what did you expect, what actually happens, that kind of thing .
Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #1064
atleon
Enthusiast

Of course! In 5.4.4.2, I did a factory reset. Later jailbreak, mkk, python and screensavers. I handle SS from KUAL but don't get to make it work (none of the modes).
Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #1065
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@atleon: Does any of that 'looked' successful (from the 'update process' POV, at least)?

What do you actually see when the device is asleep, and is this a Waterstones or Special Offers device?

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch