Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
maxxx
maxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Catch 22 with Calibre and Kindle for PC

I've been searching through the posts but still cannot figure out how to solve this problem:

1. I convert epub or mobi to azw3
2. I check the "enable sharing..." output option (in order to preserve cover thumb in Kindle for PC)
3. I get a nicely converted azw3 file which nicely shows a cover image (thumbnail) in Kindle for PC
4. I then go to edit TOC (or create one) and after saving the file, I lose the cover image in Kindle for PC or
5. If I follow the procedure above (convert the new file with the new TOC, while checking "enable sharing...") I lose the TOC, but preserve the cover image.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thank you
maxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved out of the General Discussion Forum (which is for "General discussions about e-book reading not specific to a device, software or format") and into the....calibre Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
maxxx
maxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
And the answer is...

Here's the only solution I found to work:

1. Convert your mobi or azw to epub
2. Edit whatever you need, add TOC, save it.
3. Convert to AZW3. Make sure sharing option is checked.
4. Your converted book will have BOTH the cover thumb in Kindle for PC and TOC you created.
maxxx is offline   Reply With Quote