Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Implications on Sunrise XP if you update Palm Desktop & Hotsync Manager for Vista

In short, DON'T update Palm Desktop/Hotsync Manager for Vista from the beta to the "release" version if you use SunriseXP and everything else is working fine.

Here's a link to my experiences in this regard on Brighthand:

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=252994

I hope this is helpful for others.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I'll look into recompiling the Sunrise XP conduit against the latest Conduit SDK. Unfortunately, I no longer have a working Palm device to actually test this with. I did see, however, that there's a problem registering the conduit DLL with HotSync Manager 7 during installation.

EDIT: Download from http://sunrise.mobileread.com/download/
Advert
Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Sunrise XP 2.04

Rebuilt the conduit. Seems to register in Vista. Configuration dialog seems to work fine from HotSync Mgr. This is all I can do.

Last edited by Laurens; 01-21-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Removed attachment
Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
twz
twz began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 680
thank you, laurens! i really appreciate your work - a pitty you left palm OS platform indeed.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
atesta
Banned
atesta began at the beginning.

Device: TBA
Much appreciate if you can do this to the other Sunrise (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sunrisexp) as well. While SunriseXP is more advanced, it cannot process Chinese which is a show-stopper for me.

: )
Advert
Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
bsquare
bsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it is

Atesta,

You shouldn't need to actually use the Sunrise Conduit. You can just change the Output of your Sunrise channel to C:\Program Files\Palm\<youruserid>\CardInst\ and the .pdb's will be installed to your storage card in your Palm to \\PALM\Launcher. Plucker will be able to see the .pdb's just fine in that directory.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
atesta
Banned

But the Conduit allows...

1) Update documents when Hotsync commences.
2) Immediately transfer completed documents to card if multiple documents are being updated.
3) Transfer to a specify directory instead of \Palm\Launcher.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
bsquare
bsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it isbsquare knows what time it is

Sorry, forgot about the real-time sync option.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Thanks, Laurens! I've been traveling and so did not get to see your update until now. I'm still wondering if I should leave things as-is-- can others confirm that the updated Hotsync Mgr/Desktop and Sunrise 2.04 are "playing nice?"
Old 01-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
atesta
Banned

While I have never really make sure that the conduit works. I can confirm that there was no warning about hslog20.dll during installation.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Seems to work

Tried it out with a friend's T|E2 and it seems to work fine. Documents are updated during HotSync and transferred to the memory card.

Note that the operative word here is "seems". I didn't test it thoroughly.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #12
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atesta View Post
Much appreciate if you can do this to the other Sunrise (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sunrisexp) as well. While SunriseXP is more advanced, it cannot process Chinese which is a show-stopper for me.

: )
Will look into it. I don't have the source code at hand right now.

EDIT: looked into recompiling the conduit, but it will take too much time to sort out. Sorry. So there will only be a working HotSync Mgr 7 conduit for Sunrise XP.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
atesta
Banned

Oooops... @_@

Still, thanks alot......
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #14
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens View Post
Will look into it. I don't have the source code at hand right now.

EDIT: looked into recompiling the conduit, but it will take too much time to sort out. Sorry. So there will only be a working HotSync Mgr 7 conduit for Sunrise XP.
Hi, Laurens,

A quick question:

On older version of Sunrise, there was a preference to have it create high compression documents. Does this still exist in SunriseXP? There's a thread elsewhere and no one can find it. Is it possible to get SunriseXP to create zlib compressed documents?
______
Dennis
Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Sunrise XP always creates ZLIB-compressed documents. (Compression is not even configurable.)