Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #1846
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Funny what they consider "new". I took advantage of the three month free offer last October and cancelled a few days after spending my third credit on January 11. I just tried this one and it worked again. Two more free audiobooks.
Up until now, these promos haven't been working for me. After seeing your post I gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks

On to Dune. I now have 12 of 17 in the series.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #1847
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Audible Surprise $4.95 Sale on 20 titles, including "Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman, which was a pretty engrossing read.

Thanks again for the thread, TMonkey and all - very much digging the new world of audiobooks.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #1848
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Audible Surprise $4.95 Sale on 20 titles, including "Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman, which was a pretty engrossing read.

Thanks again for the thread, TMonkey and all - very much digging the new world of audiobooks.
You're welcome and thanks for the heads up - I'll add that promo to the OP

BTW, I learned all I need to know about Scientology from South Park
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #1849
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post

Surprise sales generally only work for the email address that saw the notice (and only for a short time).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #1850
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Up until now, these promos haven't been working for me. After seeing your post I gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks

On to Dune. I now have 12 of 17 in the series.
LOL I'm doing the same with the Amber series. As far as I know, it's not available as an ebook yet (at least in the US), but Audible has the entire series on audio. I picked 3 up with credits and a fourth with some of the free gift certificates they've given out. I picked up the 5th one today with this promotion and will get the 6th one with my next credit...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #1851
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
This time it worked! Thanks TM!!
Lucky you. It didn't for me. But I'll try again.

Edit:didn't work again.

Last edited by septentrion; 01-29-2014 at 12:42 AM.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #1852
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaine View Post
Thanks for the Humble update, Jessica.

I'll just mention that torrents are definitely the way to go with these downloads.
Definitely, will make the downloads 100% faster than through HTTP.

And yeah, every time you pledge above the average, it'll add the new stuff automatically when they're announced. That's how it works.

I'm not sure if it's automatic anymore, but if it isn't, I suggest you guys associate your download pages to an account. Will make it easier to find the purchases later on. I have purchased over 20 bundles myself.

The Audible deal worked for me too and I just cancelled at the beginning of the month.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #1853
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post

These sales usually don't work if you're already or were recently a member (including non-paying members). I'm shocked it worked for me.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #1854
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Surprise sales generally only work for the email address that saw the notice (and only for a short time).
I guess that's why I've never heard of surprise sales. Didn't realize they were member specific.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:09 AM   #1855
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
LOL I'm doing the same with the Amber series. As far as I know, it's not available as an ebook yet (at least in the US), but Audible has the entire series on audio. I picked 3 up with credits and a fourth with some of the free gift certificates they've given out. I picked up the 5th one today with this promotion and will get the 6th one with my next credit...
I still have 5 to go. What about you?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #1856
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
I still have 5 to go. What about you?
Yep. Same here. Got the first 5 Amber books... Just need the second 5. I've read them all, but it's been a while... 15+ years?
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #1857
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The following offers expire today (Thu 31 Oct)
I could have sworn I took advantage of this at the time. It's been sitting on my phone for months, but I just listened to it for the first time and found that all I have is the first 10 minutes. I looked in my LOL account and it's not there so I have no idea what happened. Any one know is this available for free anywhere else? Maybe I got it elsewhere?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #1858
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post

It Didn't work the 1st time for me. Tho audible was nice enough to give me the 3 crs all at once. IF you contact them they may give you a cr or two or at least let you know how long you need to wait to do the next special.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #1859
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Yep. Same here. Got the first 5 Amber books... Just need the second 5. I've read them all, but it's been a while... 15+ years?
I read them in the 70's and have long since lost my copies. I have the first few and have been chipping away at adding the rest. I think I'm most of the way thru the first one (it's a joint listen, so have to have the correct 2nd party in the car to listen...)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #1860
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
We're sorry...
Our Surprise $4.95 Sale allows access only once during the time the sale is active. Our records indicate you've already participated in this promotion, or were prompted to do so from your Library. Please stay tuned for new Surprise promotions in the near future.
Looks like it's a one-shot deal; if you go off the page you miss out.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote