Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
TonyS01
TonyS01 began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Can't Open DRM epub file

I just bought a couple of books from Books On Board in DRM epub format. One of them opens fine on my EZReader the other just shows an hourglass and then stops but never opens. I tried deleting it from my device and reopening it. No luck. It opens fine in Adobe Digital Editions. Any ideas?

Thanks!
TonyS01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The first thing to confirm is that they are both ePubs. If the one that fails is a PDF, then perhaps you have xPDF selected for PDFs. If they are both ePubs and both are on the same filesystem on the EZ Reader, then this sounds like a problem with the ePub (rather than the device's Adobe activation).

In Desktop Adobe Digital Editions, try selecting "Item Info" in the read mode (down arrow next to Reading on the top left). If this gives a warning, then this might be the problem. On the Sony Readers, the maximum size of any one part of the ePub is about 150KB (the entire ePub can be larger, because it is a ZIP of multiple pieces). I'm not sure if this is the case with the EZ Readers or not (they have a more recent version of mobile ADE).

Another related check would be to try to open the ebook on your PC using Sony eBook Library. Since the eBL is using mobile ADE, like the EZ Readers, it is a better check than using the Desktop ADE. If this fails, then the ebook is badly formatted for a portable reading device. You can either return it for a refund, or strip the DRM (encryption) and reformat it with Calibre. See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented. Note that removing the DRM on ebooks you bought for your own personal use is probably legal in the US.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert