Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Who Updates the Wiki Matrix page?

I wasn't sure of the correct place to post this so, sorry if I should have placed it somewhere else.

I just referred someone in the "Which Should I Buy" forum to the EReader Matrix page of the wiki. It was very helpful to me when I was making my purchasing decision.

Anyway, I was reading through it again and noticed that the information for the Kindle is a bit incomplete. Under "supported formats", it only lists AZW, PRC/MOBI (non DRM), MP3, TXT. No mention of Audible's .AA files.

I also think that the files types that can be used via conversion should be included ($.10 from Amazon at yourkindlename@kindle.com or free from yourkindlename@free.kindle.com).

* Microsoft Word (.DOC)
* Structured HTML (.HTML, .HTM)
* JPEG (.JPEG, .JPG)
* GIF (.GIF)
* PNG (.PNG)
* BMP (.BMP)
* PDF (.PDF) - Experimental. YMMV.

I was going to make the changes myself but got overwhelmed when I saw the edit screen, so I opted to post here. I don't know enough about the other readers to know if they might need updating as well.

Thanks to those of you have created and have been keeping up the wiki. I appreciate the work you're putting in.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I updated the matrix, with e-mail conversion under "Services".

I also added the latest (higher) price information for Astak.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
More detail is in the article Amazon Kindle. I added the conversion types from your message to that article. I think this is more appropriate that listing conversion software in a matrix on the device itself.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
More detail is in the article Amazon Kindle. I added the conversion types from your message to that article. I think this is more appropriate that listing conversion software in a matrix on the device itself.
Thank you DaleDe for making the Kindle page even more useable.
Advert