Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #316
daomon
daomon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I got a PRS-T1 from Japan. Unluckily i can change to another language like.... There is a way to swap the firmware for another one? How can I do it? Thx!!!
daomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #317
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
DELETED: "Is there a way to roll back to firmware 1.0.02.10280 or 1.0.03 after updated to ver 1.0.04...? I cannot root my T1 with the verion 1.0.04."
Problem solved by format the internal drive and flash again.

Last edited by vietchovui; 02-05-2012 at 12:59 AM.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #318
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Some time ago I installed the minimal root unto my T1. If I want to install the minimal root with zeal now, can I simply do so, or do I first have to uninstall, etc.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #319
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

just download zeam launcher from here and install it. You can use zeam instead of AWD launcher.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #320
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
Two of the PRS-T1 fonts contains large charsets: DroidSansFallback.ttf (but I don't know what charsets because it failed to open under Window 7
That's strange, because I tried to open it too and the same, failure. I thought mine was damaged, but seems now as I read your post I was wrong.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #321
aimango
aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabaino View Post
Thanks for replying and for your advice.

For the Linux part, in any case, pressing the buttons before the arrows appear doesn't make the slightest difference.

Regarding the W$ problem, let me remind that I'm using a *32bit SO*, and keep having the problem reported before:

"Reader [READER] not found

The system cannot execute the specified program.

Enter the letter of the Reader drive?"

Entering the letter (F in my case) doesn't work, and then I get:

"Script did not complete
Press any key to continue..."

In conclusion: at this moment maybe you won't be able to success in rooting the ereader with firmware 1.0.03.11140
I'm not sure if people are still having this problem, but I fixed it by changing the .bat file. From my scripting knowledge, you run things in cmd line using ./ instead of .\ , so i changed line 49 of the script to
if not exist ./sdcard goto :nocopy-sdcard instead of if not exist .\sdcard goto :nocopy-sdcard
and it worked perfectly.

My machine is Win7 64bit. The rooting failed when I tried the steps for a Mac (was super frustrating because I wasn't exactly sure if the device was rooted or not lol).

Oh, and I was rooting it on the latest firmware - 1.0.04 i believe.

On a side note - The unfortunate thing was that I still did a factory reset because I was just trying to get it to root.. lost the default pre-loaded pictures and piano music T__T Does anyone have those that they can share still? :P

Last edited by aimango; 02-12-2012 at 01:26 AM.
aimango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #322
Foddy
Foddy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimango View Post
On a side note - The unfortunate thing was that I still did a factory reset because I was just trying to get it to root.. lost the default pre-loaded pictures and piano music T__T Does anyone have those that they can share still? :P
Once your T1 is rooted, you should be able to find all the preload stuff with Root-Explorer.
You will also find preload stuff for other languages.
Foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #323
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
I managed to brick my rooted T1 and installed the sdcard-rescue. It seems that now the unit is no longer rooted.
To root again, can I simply run the minimal set zeam or should I first install the restore set before?
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #324
vietchovui
Zealot

just run the minimal set. but you have to delete or rename OS Firmware folder in the micro sdcard before rooting.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #325
komma
komma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
I want to root my reader but I have version. 1.0.00.09010 and I don't know if it's ok to root from this version or I must update to 1.0.03.11140.
If I must update where i can find 1.0.03.11140 version, because on Sony it's only 1.0.04.12210.
I don't want to update at version 1.0.04 because are applications that don't works.

Last edited by komma; 02-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.
komma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #326
aralerm
aralerm began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PS505 series
Hi All I just have a couple of dumb questions:
1) I hacked the sony T1 using the Expand package from borodas website how do I revert to the original firmware of my SONY EBook if I want to?
2) wireless does not work so I cannot use any browser
3) how do I install apps including the Kindle app? (main reason for me to hack it in first place). if it can be done via Internet than I need to sort out issue n2...
thanks and kind regards
Arale
aralerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #327
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Lightbulb All PRS-T1 preloads are there

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimango View Post
Just look here.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #328
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
I thought I browsed this pretty thoroughly, but can anybody show me how to download Amazon Kindle App for this rooted PRS T1? Through the web browser? App store app? Thank you.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #329
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
You might google for kindle apk, but the most secure way to install Kindle app is via Google Market, instructions on how to install the latter can be found in the wiki.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #330
monry
monry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1, Kobo Glo HD
Hi, I wanted to ask about restore package. Does it flash latest firmware and gives stock reader or just removes root (but all software like Cool Reader etc installed during rooting remains)?
monry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony