Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #31
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Going to echo others' thoughts and express my love for Bookdepository as well! Good customer service (I asked if they would cancel my first order because I forgot to key in the coupon code and they were fuss-free about it).

If they discontinue free international shipping, I would need to go look for decently priced Moleskins planners :\
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #32
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
"Amazon is getting closer to acquiring its British rival. Amazon won approval from the Irish Competition Authority to move forward with its purchase of The Book Depository.

'[We have] formed the view that the acquisition will not lead to a substantial lessening of competition in any markets for goods or services in the state,' the Irish Competition Authority said in a statement.

The terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the New York Times is estimating the deal will cost the e-commerce giant about $200 million."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11203...ed&cm_ite=Feed

Last edited by TimW; 07-29-2011 at 08:43 PM.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
After further review, the deal proceeds.
Teeth gnashing to follow, dentists looking forward to extra business from Amazon haters.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/of...BD-merger.html
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #34
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
As long as it's business as usual for The Book Depository I wouldn't worry too much. Now if they start requiring minimum order amounts like Amazon and taking as long as Amazon do deliver I'm not going to make much use of them.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #35
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I think the owners of TBD should be entitled to do what the hell they want with their store. It is their property and why should anyone be told what they can do with something that they have built up with their hard work and intelligence. It's not like they are selling a strategic resource that will harm the worlds population through mismanagement.

If the owners of TBD decided to shut the business down should they then have to ask permission? Just how much control over TBD should we have?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Just how much control over TBD should we have?
I thought we already had the ultimate control over them: to be, or not to be a patron.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote