Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
Bsibbo
Bsibbo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Device connection

Hi all, I am new to this forum (and also calibre). I have an iPad, which I use for reading books. The iPad is giving me problems in that when I connect it to my PC (Dell Studio with Win7 home premium), and start Calibre, the "Send to Device" icon does not appear in the toolbar.
Perhaps I am missing something? Can anyone help please?
Bsibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi Bsibbo,

I'm afraid I have no knowledge of the iPad myself but there is a long thread about it here in the forum. Here's a link. Perhaps you will find what you need.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
for an iPad the recommended way is to press the Connect button and select iTunes. The device icon will then appear. Note that this sends the books to iBooks, so if you are using a different ebook reader on the iPad there is no automatic integration with Calibre (not yet anyway).

If you want to interface more directly then you need to make sure that the Apple Device Interface plugin under Preferences->plugins is enabled. You must also not have another device such as an iPhone plugged in at the same time.

Last edited by itimpi; 10-23-2010 at 08:48 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote