Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #31
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Works at ereader.com too. Clearing out my rewards (and then some).
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #32
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Ooh, thanks! Snapped up a bunch of titles, including a Joan Aiken book and the new Lightspeed magazine. Yay!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #33
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Wheee--just picked up a couple dozen tiny short stories I've been waiting for a good excuse to pick up. (I didn't get all the Darkover stories, but I made a good dent on the ones I don't have in print.) And picked up a couple of romance novels by authors I liked but can't quite convince myself to pay $7 each for.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #34
Caesonia
Caesonia began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2, Sony PRS-600, eSlick, Nook
Thanks for posting this, it came in really handy.
Caesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Sigh.

Well, I used this to use up the last of my micropay. Fictionwise used to be my one-stop-shop for ebooks. I'd check the website every Monday for the new releases. Now, I only go back to check that one last book that I've never been able to download from my bookshelf.

(And no, they won't give me a refund because when I first tried to download it, I used the bulk download page. Even though the book did not download, the system entered a download date. So as far as Fictionwise is concerned, I have downloaded the book, at least once, since it was purchased.)

Thanks for the coupon code.

This makes me really, really sad.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #36
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
eReader's catalog seems to have been ravaged even more than last I was there. I used to not worry about downloading everything right away -- after all, I've been with ereader since before they were ereader, around 7 years now, and they still have my 1st purchase (194 books ago) on my bookshelf for download. They rose up with a catalog of Star Trek and romance novels, and they seem to be returning to that selection (except minus the Star Trek novels). The rewards experiment appears to have died too. Looks like last gasps to me.

It is sad. Maybe not as sad as small local bookstores closing, but still sad.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #37
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Even some of the independent MultiFormat stuff is disappearing, as I discovered when I went to pick up some older Mike Resnick sf novels I'd been meaning to get since their 40% off Anniversary sale a couple of months back and found out that all his longer works are no longer available, even though Resnick presumably owns the backlist rights, as they were "published" through "Fictionwise.com".

I can only hope this means he's intending to put them up on Baen's Webscription instead, but there's only two that I remember from the FW list which are currently over there.

They also no longer give the 5% extra discount for getting Secure eReader format, which seems in line with B&N's recent attempts to kill it off.

It's truly a shame. I didn't start buying there until after I'd gotten a Kindle earlier this year and started seriously looking around for e-books instead of hitting the used bookstore, and it sounded pretty nice while it lasted from what everyone else had to say.

But tonight I at least managed to pour a bit of money into the coffers of various sf/fantasy authors I like, which they wouldn't otherwise get from my hunting down their out-of-print works second-hand.

Thanks for the coupon. Much appreciated and I hope FW did well enough from the resulting sales that they do this again while they still offer the stuff I want.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #38
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the deal.

George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books are on fictionwise - fantastic books - as is my favorite author, Robin Hobb (recommend the Farseer Trilogy, starting with Assassin's Apprentice).

I've got 'em all in (mostly) hardcover already, but $4 is a great deal for 'em.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Look under the "Bookshelf Setup" box on the upper left of your bookshelf page. You probably have the "Download as .zip" box checked. Uncheck it and you'll be golden.

-Marcy
Thanks! I did go look, but actually, that box was NOT checked. So then I tried selecting epub as a default in that drop down box. But stuff still downloaded as a .zip. I'm not going to worry over it, I'll just change them manually.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #40
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks very much. I can download more books on my flash drive until I get my Kindle.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #41
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Sigh.

Well, I used this to use up the last of my micropay. Fictionwise used to be my one-stop-shop for ebooks. I'd check the website every Monday for the new releases. Now, I only go back to check that one last book that I've never been able to download from my bookshelf.

(And no, they won't give me a refund because when I first tried to download it, I used the bulk download page. Even though the book did not download, the system entered a download date. So as far as Fictionwise is concerned, I have downloaded the book, at least once, since it was purchased.)

Thanks for the coupon code.

This makes me really, really sad.
I could have written this verbatim changing only "one last book" to "eight last books".

It is really, really sad.

I finally got my micropay down to $35. Do you think we'll ever be able to download these last books?
d

Oh, and thanks for the coupon code, Critteranne. How did you get notified of the code BTW?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #42
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I know I got a code via email, but it was the 30% one, so I never posted it.

I had some books like this. I kept emailing them and eventually they did all get fixed (it took a long time and they seem to be ignoring you for a couple of weeks, then suddenly an email appears to tell you that it's been fixed).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #43
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Oh, and thanks for the coupon code, Critteranne. How did you get notified of the code BTW?
It was in an e-mail. Maybe nice people got the 30% coupon, and notorious troublemakers got the 50% coupon.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #44
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Coupon still working today!

I was able to use the 50% off coupon this morning to buy Aaron Elkins first 2 Gideon Oliver books, and the 4 volumes of Masters of Noir, all for $18.12 (I had used up my Micropay already). So thanks for the coupon, Critteranne!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #45
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I kept emailing them and eventually they did all get fixed (it took a long time and they seem to be ignoring you for a couple of weeks, then suddenly an email appears to tell you that it's been fixed).
Decided to email support but found nothing but a dropdown topic selector that doesn't even give you the option to enter a subject matter other than specific eReaders.

What did you use for an email address or did I miss something on their website?
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote