Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 10:45 PM   #1
molly
molly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (10th gen paperwhite)
Calibre cannot get List of Books from Kindle

I've been using Calibre with this specific Kindle (Paperwhite 10th gen) on my laptop for the past 4 years. I've not had any problems up to now with Calibre recognizing my Kindle or uploading books to the Kindle. This week, when I plug my Kindle into my computer, Calibre stalls and does not manage to get the list of books from my Kindle. I've left it for up to half an hour and it still can't resolve this list. I haven't upgraded Calibre (6.29), my laptop OS (Mac 12.5) nor my Kindle recently. I've tried reinstalling Calibre, as well as rebooting the Kindle, but I have the same problems. I suspect the book list is somehow corrupted on my Kindle but don't know how to check or resolve. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 05:57 PM   #2
eliteart
eliteart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite IV
I have couple very basic ideas about root cause:

1. damaged cable
2. damaged usb port

More complex one:

3. I had similar problem after reconnecting Kindle to Internet after very long time (~1year), and downloading somehow corrupted book

Solutions:
1 & 2 check different cable on different port / PC
3. Only solution that actually fixed my problem was resetting kindle to factory settings. (I did manual backup copy of the books form the kindle with file manager, and manually removing corrupted one)
eliteart is offline   Reply With Quote