Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Theeo123
Theeo123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
PDF optimized?

I had a curious question here, and I'm not sure if there is any information available on the subject really, if anyone's done any testing etc.

A lot of people take the PDF format for granted, and don't realize that there is a LOT going into it, and i'm wondering what facets of the PDF specification may effect viewing on the kindle. I have some books that are under 10Mb but seem to transition pages very slowly, others are over 50Mb and turn pages fast.

of course there are variations of PDF, the different versions of PDF all the way from acrobat 5, through Acrobat 9 (PDF specification 1.4 -1.6 etc.)

Whether or not the PDF is "optimized for fast web viewing" etc.

I have acrobat 9 Pro, I also have Calibri, I'm more than willing to "re-compress" as it were, or modify, the eBooks I have, so I was wondering if there were any particular settings to consider that might optimize the PDf for viewing on my Kindle? Any particular version of acrobat, or any particular setting, type compression, compression algorithm etc.
Theeo123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, pdf