Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 12:27 AM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Amazon, ebooks, baskets and credit card companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you! I had the original trilogy, but I've bought the other 20 (although my credit card company blocked my card half way through my buying spree because of my obviously suspicious behaviour . I had to phone them up and get it unblocked.).

If Amazon would remove their head from their hemorrhoidal tissues and make it possible to add ebooks to the cart so they could be bought with one transaction things like this would not happen. Why can you put anything except ebooks in your cart? Seems totally stupid to me.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Not just ebooks but music and downloads in general.

What I observe is the order email being postponed for up to six hours in order to combine paid items but not freebies into one transaction.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
If Amazon would remove their head from their hemorrhoidal tissues and make it possible to add ebooks to the cart so they could be bought with one transaction things like this would not happen. Why can you put anything except ebooks in your cart? Seems totally stupid to me.
I've heard people say they buy themselves an egift card then refill it to avoid seperate small charges. Would be nice to have the option of a cart though. I think my cc company has just accepted that this is not suspicious behavior for me!
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Why can you put anything except ebooks in your cart? Seems totally stupid to me.
Catering to instant gratification is what Amazon does.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I just put them (ebooks) in a wish list.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Yep, that's what I do, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Does that help with purchasing a pile of them at once? (I.E. maybe there's a "buy all" button I've missed seeing.) The problem mentioned here is that 23 books went on sale, were purchased, and the credit card company thought all those individual small ($/Ł 2.99) purchases were suspicious.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
But that still won't help with the problem of having to buy them one by one causing a credit card company to think the transactions are suspicious, as mentioned in post 1524.

One option would have been to click on the series links and buy the entire series that way. For example, here's the Amazon UK link to buy the Paladins of Shannara series with one click.

You're still buying a trilogy or so at a time, but it would be less than twenty individual purchases.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #9
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I tend to bulk buy a lot of ebooks for my mum in one sitting, one after the other.

I’ve found that if I buy the ebooks but don’t download or send them to her kindle straight away, but just keep buying the books, that amazon then tends to put them together in one order with one payment and not charge for each individual ebook.

It only works if the ebooks haven’t physically been downloaded. So I just click on the link as normal to send the ebooks to her kindle but I’ve turned off WiFi so that they’re not delivered.

So I go through the buying process as normal. Don’t download the ebooks. It seems to be lots of small orders. I don’t download the ebooks until I’ve finished all the orders. Then when I go to my orders page the orders have been put into batches of about 10 books by amazon and charged for each batch.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:23 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
I tend to bulk buy a lot of ebooks for my mum in one sitting, one after the other.

I’ve found that if I buy the ebooks but don’t download or send them to her kindle straight away, but just keep buying the books, that amazon then tends to put them together in one order with one payment and not charge for each individual ebook.
That's never happened with me. My default delivery device is K4PC. I wonder if that makes a difference?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:21 AM   #11
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
That's never happened with me. My default delivery device is K4PC. I wonder if that makes a difference?
Likewise, and no it doesn't in my experience. All of Amazon's digital merchandise is 1-Click even when you have 1-Click disabled on your account.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
That's what I do when they're set for pre-order. I want to read the sample before I buy.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Does that help with purchasing a pile of them at once? (I.E. maybe there's a "buy all" button I've missed seeing.) The problem mentioned here is that 23 books went on sale, were purchased, and the credit card company thought all those individual small ($/Ł 2.99) purchases were suspicious.
Probably from how most people use credit cards it IS suspicious. I recall when mobipocket was an independent French company, buying an eBook from them, and 5 minutes later getting a call from my Credit Card company asking if this was a valid purchase.

On the whole, I'd rather they be safe than me be sorry.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #14
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I select delivery to my mum’s kindle which always has WiFi turned off until I need to download her ebooks and then it’s turned off again. Maybe because they can’t physically deliver the ebooks the order goes into some kind of holding pattern and then lumps them together.

I’ve just been checking my orders and I’ve got lots of orders with more than three ebooks in, the biggest order has 12 ebooks in. They were all ordered individually, usually every few minutes. Sometimes the order doesn’t finalise until a couple of hours later, presumably waiting to see if I order any more.

Maybe it’s an amazon UK thing but it’s happened too many times for it to be a fluke.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #15
bathos
Zealot

Okay, I’ve tried copy and paste from my orders page with some success. I can’t figure out how to do anything better without it having all of my personal information on. The details are below, I’ve just deleted the last few digits of the order number. This is an order for three ebooks for my mum that I placed as separate orders but that ended up being charged as one order.

ORDER PLACED
6 March 2018
TOTAL
£2.96
ORDER # D01-1056172-3141XXX
Order Details Invoice

The Little Angel: A heart-warming saga from the Sunday Times bestseller
Rosie Goodwin
Kindle Edition
Sold by: Amazon Media EU Sarl

A Wedding at Mulberry Lane: A heart-warming, war time family saga (The Mulberry Lane Series)
Rosie Clarke
Kindle Edition

A Shilling for a Wife
Emma Hornby
Kindle Edition
Content and devices
Write a product review
Hide Order