Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Setting format for multiple books

I have a number of books I"m adding to Calibre that were read on paper. Is there a way to set them in bulk to be "txt" format? Currently, I have to do individual metadata updates and set the format for each book. I'd like to do it in groups.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
I have a number of books I"m adding to Calibre that were read on paper. Is there a way to set them in bulk to be "txt" format? Currently, I have to do individual metadata updates and set the format for each book. I'd like to do it in groups.
You can't set the 'format' that belongs to the file type.
You can create empty books (no files, just metadata) and set a Tag.

for (paper)books with metadata already in place,
Select all those books you want to tag.
Tap 'E' (bulk metadata edit)

Type your tag name in "Add Tags"
click OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I was afraid of... Putting a format in isn't difficult, just cumbersome. I was hoping I"d missed some way of doing it in bulk.

The tags part works fine - when I create an empty book that's on hold at the library (where I'm 25th of 89 or whatever) I put in a tag that tells me which library (or libraries) I'm requesting it from.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can quickly add an empty txt format to a book by first creating an empty txt file on your desktop or some other convenient place. Then click on a book that needs the format and drag the txt file to the book details window. Ten books = 10 clicks & 10 drags.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
dkperez
Groupie

Yup, that's what I"m doing now. Its fine for 10 books, not as good for a lot more. But, I"ve got most everything in, so it should get easier now.
Advert