Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #196
unidevel
unidevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
JFTR: Version 2018-01-23 released a few days ago: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/

For those who are primarily using the CoolReader app from the tools&games collection of Vlasovsoft: No significant changes detected - except that I had to modify my interline space value from 115 (%) to 112 to get the very same page layout as before (for both PW3 and KT3, BTW...).
The new version works well on my KOA, thanks!
unidevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:56 AM   #197
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And no need for someone to purchase a license for your apps when ours is without any charges to the user.
BTW, it's very easy to remove all (non-freeware) games from the Vlasovsoft toolbox if you don't like them: Simply edit the file /vlasovsoft/applications.ini (delete the lines referring to these games), then remove all the respective directories (like e.g. /vlasovsoft/pbchess/* ). If "the last byte" of space matters: also remove all the *.sh files for the removed components.

The only thing one has to be careful about: Don't delete system subfolders like e.g. /vlasovsoft/Qt/, /vlasovsoft/showpic/, /vlasovsoft/sleep/ ...! The latter contains the screensaver pictures in PNG format (600*800px, 4 bit grayscale). This is a feature I like excessively, though these are by no way bookcovers, but pictures I love personally, and which are chosen randomly by the Kindle in Vlasovsoft CR mode (like the standard screensavers wit "book/writing related" pictures in non registered Kindles). I believe that it's of no interest for persons sitting next to me in the train to know exactly, which book I'm actually reading - but maybe they like the nice b&w photos of landscapes and people on my Kindle in standby mode...
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 AM   #198
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I was just in a bad mood that day.
It mostly has passed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:47 AM   #199
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Sources at bitbucket.org

Hi!

Now all my open source applications are at bitbucket.org!

1. Open source applications, drivers, scripts, etc

2. My fork of Cool Reader engine

The sources are always UP TO DATE because I work directly with these repositories.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #200
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

Now all my open source applications are at bitbucket.org!

1. Open source applications, drivers, scripts, etc

2. My fork of Cool Reader engine

The sources are always UP TO DATE because I work directly with these repositories.
Thanks for sharing
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #201
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Oasis 2 support

Hi!

Kindle Oasis 2 support is added to version 2018.03.21. Please try.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kc6ps22yi...NHWNkt9La?dl=0
Old 03-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #202
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Though I'm not a keen beta tester I gave your latest build (2018.03.25) a try on my KT3.

Basically, CR works as expected, i.e. there's nothing broken relating to read eBooks with this low resolution "legacy" device. Except that a feature which I like very much doesn't work any more with this build: The user provided sleep pictures in /vlasovsoft/sleep/* aren't used any longer. Instead, the Kindle uses the internal standard pictures. (Of course I've made sure that I didn't overwrite my pictures in this directory while updating all the other files.)

And the clock display in the status line is 1 hour off with this build.

Also, another old bug is still there: Right after starting, the Calculator requires to touch "Clear" once before you can do the very first (algebraic) calculation. E.g. "4 x 5 =" will give the "result" 0 if you didn't press Clear before. Interestingly, functions (like sqrt and x²) don't require this additional step.

Reverted back to build 2018.01.23 ...

Last edited by Antinoos; 03-28-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 AM   #203
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Though I'm not a keen beta tester I gave your latest build (2018.03.25) a try on my KT3.

Basically, CR works as expected, i.e. there's nothing broken relating to read eBooks with this low resolution "legacy" device. Except that a feature which I like very much doesn't work any more with this build: The user provided sleep pictures in /vlasovsoft/sleep/* aren't used any longer. Instead, the Kindle uses the internal standard pictures. (Of course I've made sure that I didn't overwrite my pictures in this directory while updating all the other files.)

And the clock display in the status line is 1 hour off with this build.

Also, another old bug is still there: Right after starting, the Calculator requires to touch "Clear" once before you can do the very first (algebraic) calculation. E.g. "4 x 5 =" will give the "result" 0 if you didn't press Clear before. Interestingly, functions (like sqrt and x²) don't require this additional step.

Reverted back to build 2018.01.23 ...
Thanks for feedback. I can't use the old screen saver because it doesn't work with KOA2
Old 03-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #204
Antinoos
Groupie

How about different builds then - one for the "legacy" Kindles, and the other for the KOA2?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #205
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
How about different builds then - one for the "legacy" Kindles, and the other for the KOA2?
probably good idea
Old 03-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #206
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
probably good idea
And is is the only known "fix" for our add-ins to be used with the KOA2.
(Different system and file organization than prior touch screen devices.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #207
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And is is the only known "fix" for our add-ins to be used with the KOA2.
(Different system and file organization than prior touch screen devices.)
Sorry, don't understand...
Old 07-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #208
SlashMaster
SlashMaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
Hello!
Is it possible to edit the launcher settings for a different button layout (smaller width, and multiple items per line)? I need a table arrangement so that all the apps are visible without the scrolling option.
Thanks.
SlashMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #209
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashMaster View Post
Hello!
Is it possible to edit the launcher settings for a different button layout (smaller width, and multiple items per line)? I need a table arrangement so that all the apps are visible without the scrolling option.
Thanks.
Hi! Not possible for now.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:33 AM   #210
SlashMaster
SlashMaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
I have a KT2 (90C6) with 5.9.6.1 FW version. The "vlasovsoft-1.1.azw2" file was copied in the documents folder, but it does not appear in the book list menu (like KUAL). As KUAL isn't working for the moment, for every launch I have to use ;log run / kterm / launcher.sh script. Any advice? Thanks again!
SlashMaster is offline   Reply With Quote