Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Watts, Peter: Maelstrom v2.0 2008-02-26

Quote:
Welcome Back.

Not quite the place you remember, is it? Earthquakes and tsunamis don't fool around. But then what did they expect, detonating five hundred megatons on an active fracture zone?

They expected to kill you, of course. They killed millions, turned a dozen cities upside-down, to get you out of the way. They'll be really disappointed to find out they didn't succeed.

Something already knows that, though. Something vast, and powerful, and utterly inhuman. Something that seems to have its own uses for you.

You don't know why any of this is happening.

You will.
Here is Maelstrom by Peter Watts. Book two of three in the science fiction Rifters series. This is released under a creative commons license.

Version 1.0 had 20 views
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Maelstrom.lrf (638.7 KB, 648 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Where is the link?
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've removed the eBook temporarily because it was not up to standard. I'm redoing it and will have a decent copy up later today.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've reattached Maelstrom. The first version I put up I was not happy with. I reworked the HTML so it looks OK using html2lrf. It's not perfect, but given the state of the original HTML, it's not bad. Better then before for sure. So if you did download it before, please delete it and redownload.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Thanks. I need to start learning how to do this. I read the novel using the Feedbooks version but I wasn't happy with it. Dropped betas. Dropped superscripts. Words off the screen. PDF file, so no zoom. etc., etc.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The original HTML is not wonderful. It was a conversion nightmare overall. I had to use html2lrf because it was crap in Book Designer. Had to message the HTML. It was a kludge. The only way to fix it would be to start over. and just cut/paste the text to a new HTML file.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Thanks JSWolf these are really great, i hope you like the series and format the third book aswell thanks again
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook View Post
Thanks. I need to start learning how to do this. I read the novel using the Feedbooks version but I wasn't happy with it. Dropped betas. Dropped superscripts. Words off the screen. PDF file, so no zoom. etc., etc.
The version we have here has the betas, and the tables even, plus because it's a proper LRF, the text size can be changed. I suggest giving it a try.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Thanks JSWolf these are really great, i hope you like the series and format the third book aswell thanks again
I've yet to get around to reading it yet... Too many other books in the works. But I do like the premise.

The third book is in the works. I started it today. It won't be as hard to convert. No tables.