Notices

Old 08-28-2015, 02:38 AM   #31
CamilleBC
CamilleBC began at the beginning.

Device: Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by myki View Post
Hi,
This topic has one year now, and I wonder if Lynx firwmare's quality is now similar to Booxtor's one ?

@people who have experiment the last both firmwares, what are the differences ?

Thanks for your help

Hello Myki.

I had to switch back a couple of months ago because of a infinite loop. Each time I unplugged the device from the power source, it went into a starting loop. I'm not blaming the Booxtor version as it was perfectly fine for 6 months, but I was sad I had to go back to Lynx' version.
To be honest, I was surprised, the touch screen responsiveness is on-par with Booxtor - I think. At least it's good enough that I don't complain. There are still a couple of things that piss me off, i.e. I can't switch the default viewing app, cannot change the shortcuts at the bottom etc.
If you want a more detailed review of both, I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone else !

Cheers !
CamilleBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:40 AM   #32
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
@CamilleBC
Your experience is a very good start, as my biggest question was about the touch screen
From my experience, to resolve the default viewing app and the shortcuts, I have decided to install Nova Launcher that is launched by default, with my own shortcuts at the botton (one opening the viewer installed by default).
I have also installed a fullscreen app, a screen rotation app and swapps (a menu on the left with my own shortcuts and the last opened apps).
Now my Lynx is perfect to me

If other people know the differences between the 2 firmwares, please share

Oh and a last question, CamilleBC : When Booxtor was installed, what happened when you kept the home button pushed, at the top left of the screen ?

Thanks for your help
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #33
bulek
Enthusiast
bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML AG2
There is now also a version coming from Onyx Int for T68 Lynx available as well: http://www.onyx-international.com/in...t68lynx-v1-7-3
bulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #34
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
Thanks for the information
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:43 AM   #35
proton56
proton56 began at the beginning.

Device: t68 lynk -> UHDM 4.4
android 4.4 is ok for screan touch

Hi

Thank you for all informations.

I had a very bad touch screen with the link edition (10-20% error with the keybord).

The the solution I have used was to touch the letter with a big surface (a big part of my thumb).

I have change the lynk to a brooxtor edition with your instruction.

With this program, the screan touch don't work at all.

I have tried the android 4.4 version and everything is ok, it's better than the lynk. except a led always on the rond button when I use the T68.

I think the battery is drained faster.

I use "assistant for android " and "adavanced task manager" to reduce the consomation and go faster.

I use reverse "tethering no root" to go on internet without wifi (because of headhash).

I can use more app with android 4.4

I prefere android 4.4 I have used it before with a phone.

Proton
proton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #36
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
If your T68 experiencing some troubles and you want to recover it do following:

Warnings.
Be aware - after recovery your device will be like a new born baby. All your installations will be gone! If you apply this tool to a Lynx, it will be changed to a T68 UHDML (without Polish bookshop, Polish dictionaries, Ivona TTS etc... ). Also warranty of Artatech (Lynx devices only) could be affected. However, it is possible to recover back to Lynx edition using that tool (you need to get update.zip from Artatech first and replace it in this package).

* download program package from here
* decompress zip package
* connect device with pc
* shutdown device
* run mfgtool2
* press both pageup/pagedown and power button to boot device

Your device boots in "download" mode. The screen will not change but your PC will signal a new USB device and in mfgtool2 window appears "HID device.

* click start to program the device

If you see a windows message like this: (you need to format drive X ...) - just ignore it and wait for the tool finishes flashing.

* once finished, click stop and exit
* long press power button to shutdown device
* press power button again to boot device

that's it
The file booxtor linked to ( T68_2014-07-15_20-23_1.6.0_252635f_user.zip ) is no longer available. Does anyone have it or a live link to it please?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #37
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
If your T68 experiencing some troubles and you want to recover it do following:

Warnings.
Be aware - after recovery your device will be like a new born baby. All your installations will be gone! If you apply this tool to a Lynx, it will be changed to a T68 UHDML (without Polish bookshop, Polish dictionaries, Ivona TTS etc... ). Also warranty of Artatech (Lynx devices only) could be affected. However, it is possible to recover back to Lynx edition using that tool (you need to get update.zip from Artatech first and replace it in this package).

* download program package from here
* decompress zip package
* connect device with pc
* shutdown device
* run mfgtool2
* press both pageup/pagedown and power button to boot device

Your device boots in "download" mode. The screen will not change but your PC will signal a new USB device and in mfgtool2 window appears "HID device.

* click start to program the device

If you see a windows message like this: (you need to format drive X ...) - just ignore it and wait for the tool finishes flashing.

* once finished, click stop and exit
* long press power button to shutdown device
* press power button again to boot device

that's it

Hi,

the file was outdated. For T68 series please use this file instead:
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/T68...625f3_user.zip

Best regards
Waldemar
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #38
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Thanks for all your efforts Booxtor
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #39
gpszkit
gpszkit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Lynx T68
Hi!
Links for downloads are out of date... I wonder if anyone has Android 4.4 version handy?
gpszkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:36 AM   #40
carmino
carmino began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX T68
Hi.
I have a stuck ONYX BOOX T68.
Could anyone send me the file T68_2017-01-15_02-23_1.8.1_37625f3_user.zip?
In the links you posted it is no longer available.
Thanks in advance.
carmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #41
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmino View Post
Hi.
I have a stuck ONYX BOOX T68.
Could anyone send me the file T68_2017-01-15_02-23_1.8.1_37625f3_user.zip?
In the links you posted it is no longer available.
Thanks in advance.
I don't know if this works for T68 (I have T68+), but if you want to look:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=907
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:33 AM   #42
carmino
carmino began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
I don't know if this works for T68 (I have T68+), but if you want to look:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=907
Hi bsnick,
thank you !! you have been very kind.
Unfortunately the file
"T68_KK_2017-05-02_20-53_dev_fbc2cc2_user.zip"
it is corrupt if you try to unzip it.
I tried to download it several times and to unzip it with various programs but it is always corrupt.
Could you put it back?
My T68 is now working !! but with the Cream Sandwich version for now.
Great !
Carmino
carmino is offline   Reply With Quote