Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
Oibgzfka
Oibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Lightbulb [KT3] 2 questions about the battery

1. I haven't used the KT3 for a few days, and the battery's considerably drained—it took a while to recharge—even though the screen was turned-off (not just on stand-by). Is this normal? If it is, then is there any way to conserve the charge when I'm not using the Kindle?

2. If I spend an extended period (let's say 6 months) without using the Kindle, how do I preserve the battery's life in the meantime? I mean, is leaving the reader idle for long stretches time a concern?
Oibgzfka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I recently bought a kindle that I know hadn't been charged in at least 3 months and I am guessing closer to 11 months since the service update was never done. It charged up just fine.
Matter of fact, all my kindles sat uncharged for many months before I bought them. I got them all used.

The only ereader I own that has battery problems is my Alturek, but I know before I bought it, it had been sitting on a shelf for over 2 years.

Make sure you put it in airplane mode when you are through reading on it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Have you checked for books stuck indexing? That can cause quick battery drain. But I wouldn't think that would happen with the device turned clear off as you describe.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
Oibgzfka
Oibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterOibgzfka can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Cinisajoy: I think that takes care of question n. 2 then. Thanks.

IFixKindles: It's been a while since I last added ebooks, and the battery is draining while the screen is turned off—the same happens when it's on stand-by.
Oibgzfka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, kt3