Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Kobo and Sony: Twilight for Children??

I can understand that children's books are not the main market for reader devices right now, but I found ridiculous when Kobo and Sony (AFAIK) have a Children category which can include everything from 0 to 18 years old!

I really believe that it's matter of time that new children's books (up to 12 years old?) will be released soon, so it doesn't make sense put everything in one category.

Another day I was looking for books for my 9 and 11 years old children and I really had hard time to find something suitable for them and also to separate what is children's and what is teen's books.

By the way, I don't think vampire-sensual content is really suitable for early teenagers but this is another discussion. What I really want to see is a better way to see this category. Something like 0-4, 4-8, 9-12 and teen should be acceptable (like Amazon and Chapters websites).

Cheers

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Paulo,

There is a (fairly rudimentary) way to browse ebooks by age on Inkmesh - you can go to the subject list linked from the homepage, and look for 'Ages 4-8' and 'Ages 9-12' under A, as well as the Children's subjects under C (though the children's subjects will probably have the same issues that you describe here). Here are the direct links:

Ages 9-12 ebooks

Ages 4-8 ebooks

We are working on improving subject based ebook browsing on Inkmesh, but I hope you can find something using the links above.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

That's interesting and promising. At a glance, it's amazing how the majority of children's books are for Kindle, but I could find some interesting titles.

Thanks

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote