Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
Thank you for your work, that is good news.

At this stage of the development process are you interested in people reporting problems with Calibre's internal Mobipocket format Viewer ?
I presume that the correct way to do so is by creating a ticket at
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

However I was wondering about the situation with commercial books that seem to crash your reader.
If I create a Ticket there and attach a Baen eBook that crashes the reader, then it looks like other people can also download that book.
Which could potentially get both me and Calibre into trouble for distributing copyrighted eBooks.
You should thank llasram, MOBI output is his baby. If you're concerned about attaching commercial ebooks, just email them to calibre at kovidgoyal.net and mention the associated ticket.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #47
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
HOWEVER the first two lines in the out.txt are WRONG
"Main: E:\ Card: F:\"

Those are transposed - on my system Drive E: is the SD card in the Cybook, and the Cybook internal Flash is F.
Martin.
The drive letters are also transposed when I run windows_get_devices on my Vista Laptop connected to my Cybook with a SD card in the socket.

When I remove the SD card, Windows still assigns the earlier drive letter to the empty card slot, preserving the letters.

HOWEVER
With the SD card removed, on both XP and VISTA, windows_get_devices now works CORRECTLY - it gets the correct drive letter for "Main", and says "Card: None"

So the drive letters do not change with a SD card inserted or removed, but if a SD card is present, windows_get_devices transposes the drive letters.

Hope that helps,

Martin.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mjdb_xp_out.txt (3.9 KB, 245 views)
File Type: txt mjdb_xp_nosd_out.txt (3.6 KB, 234 views)
File Type: txt mjdb_vista_out.txt (5.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: txt mjdb_vista_nosd_out.txt (5.0 KB, 321 views)
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #48
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Here is a new version of the detection code. It should not crash if the device is not properly detected. And it should give the proper output in out.txt for non-correctly detected devices. It is looking like differences in the id's between revisions is why it's not being picked up correctly. Anyone who didn't get output from the first one please run this one. It will (hopefully) give me the id information that those devices are using.

As far as the main mem and card being mixed up. This version will still do it. I will make a note that that needs to be fixed.

@kafka399, don't remove the stuff after the bcd lines. Just the bcd lines themselves and a corresponding /match. This removes the bcd check.

The BCD is the device revision. In the case of the Sony Reader. The 505 and 700 have the same Vendor id (Sony), and Product id (Reader), but they have different BCDs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip windows_get_devices2.zip (2.26 MB, 316 views)
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #49
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You should thank llasram, MOBI output is his baby.
No, no -- it's cool. This way you get the complaints when the first release is slow and has bugs .
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
No, no -- it's cool. This way you get the complaints when the first release is slow and has bugs .
Ah, so that's your nefarious plan!
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 AM   #51
kafka399
kafka399 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@kafka399, don't remove the stuff after the bcd lines. Just the bcd lines themselves and a corresponding /match. This removes the bcd check.
I tried, the result is the same
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre.txt (5.6 KB, 460 views)
kafka399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #52
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
with Mobi on the way , does this mean the news feed full story into Epub BRILLIANCE (great formatting,inclusion of pics and the lovely story not summary) will be translated into Mobi output optionally for cybook users ?
I want a deal maker to buy the cybook (actually i've been asked if i want it for my birthday!!) .. this would do it, your application is beyond awesome
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherspin View Post
with Mobi on the way , does this mean the news feed full story into Epub BRILLIANCE (great formatting,inclusion of pics and the lovely story not summary) will be translated into Mobi output optionally for cybook users ?
I want a deal maker to buy the cybook (actually i've been asked if i want it for my birthday!!) .. this would do it, your application is beyond awesome
Yup .
Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #54
kafka399

Unable to detect the CYBOOKG3 disk drive

I installed the new version and now I have this error:

:~$ calibre
link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
Unable to open device
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 59, in detect_device
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 282, in open
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 250, in open_linux
DeviceError: Unable to detect the CYBOOKG3 disk drive. Try rebooting.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #55
Mhargu
Mhargu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1, PocketBook 360°, CyBook Gen3, Apple iPhone 3GS
Version 0.4.127 recognises my CyBook and I can see the contents. "Send to Device" works.

Is it possible to send a book to a subdirectory of /eBooks?

This is under Windows Vista 64 Bit, 512MB Version of CyBook Build 796

Last edited by Mhargu; 01-10-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Mhargu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #56
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Snif. It doesn't detect my Cybook :-( It's a 64M model, build 796. I'm running Windows XP SP3.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #57
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mbovenka, It's an issue with the BCD changing between hardware revisions. I can set the BCD to None and it will detect all Cybooks. But this is not ideal... I'm working on a way to get the BCDs.

@Mhargu, Great! There is one bug to be aware of. If you have a card in Calibre will mix the locations of the card and the main memory. I'm hoping to have this fixed by the next release. Sadly no there is not a way to send to a subdirectory unless you use save to disk.

@kafka399, Try deleting the old fdi file and re-run calibre_postinstall as root.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@user_none

You could have the driver map tags to sub directories. You can have the convention that if the tag has / character in it, it is split up into sub directories. So for example, if a tag is

"fiction/scifi/asimov" the book would be placed in eBook/fiction/scifi/asimov

Not sure how to handle multiple tags. Multiple copies of the book or just use the first tag in the list? Wonder if the cybook filesystem has support for hard/soft links?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #59
kafka399

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@kafka399, Try deleting the old fdi file and re-run calibre_postinstall as root.
I did. No progress.
Code:
Unable to open device
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 59, in detect_device
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 282, in open
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 250, in open_linux
DeviceError: Unable to detect the CYBOOKG3 disk drive. Try rebooting.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #60
user_none

@kafka399, Gah. Run hal-device again and attach the output.

@kovidgoyal, Interesting way to handle subdirectories. The Cybook uses a Fat32 partition.

@Mhargu, What do you think of Kovoid's idea? Or would you rather see it handled in a different manner.

Any one else have an opinion on how the books should be put on the device? With any luck Bookeen will support sorting via subdirectories on the device itself, so this will be extra handy.