Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #31
andess
andess began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
I'm successful with Kobo Glo, and now running PerfectViewer.
The magnetic sleep doesn't work. Is there any workaround?
andess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #32
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Does anyone understand Russian? For auraHD seems to be a dual boot using the external SD:

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28367
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #33
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Does anyone understand Russian?
I understand. Moreover, I wrote that post on the e-book forum. Android is on the external SD and will boot if backlight button is pressed when the device is been turning on. If backlight button isn't pressed the standard firmware will boot from the internal SD. By the way, the device doesn't need to open.

Last edited by angor00; 02-03-2014 at 12:55 PM.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #34
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
I understand. Moreover, I wrote that post on the e-book forum. Android is on the external SD and will boot if backlight button is pressed when the device is been turning on. If backlight button isn't pressed the standard firmware will boot from the internal SD. By the way, the device doesn't need to open.
Wow!
This is amazing!
Any translations that I can add to the first post?
Any instructions or tips in English?
Is there any chance to do that with a Glo?

Last edited by embryo; 02-03-2014 at 06:47 PM.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #35
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Any translations that I can add to the first post?
Any instructions or tips in English?
Yes, I can do the translation of instructions. But I've already got a warning for a link to the SD card image with Android, and this manual has the same links. So I'll post a translation somewhere and give a link to it.

Quote:
Is there any chance to do that with a Glo?
Yes, dualboot is done on Glo about the same way.
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #36
angor00
Enthusiast

I posted instruction on how to run Android on the Aura HD from external SD card here
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #37
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Thanks to the translation of angor00, I installed android on the external SD of auraHD with dual boot.

But I like more the kobo firmware.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	android 1.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	118758   Click image for larger version

Name:	android 2.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	118759   Click image for larger version

Name:	android 3.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	118760  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #38
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Yes, dualboot is done on Glo about the same way.
I tried with the instructions for the AuraHD, but using a Glo, and it doesn't work.

Do you have some different patches for that?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 AM   #39
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
I tried with the instructions for the AuraHD, but using a Glo, and it doesn't work.

Do you have some different patches for that?
I wrote about the same way not exactly. I'm making patches for Glo and Touch right now. I'm gonna finish during the day.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #40
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
I wrote about the same way not exactly.
Yes, I thought so.
Misunderstood.
Quote:
I'm making patches for Glo and Touch right now. I'm gonna finish during the day.
Thats great news!
Thank you very much.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #41
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
image file link

Quote:
Yes, I thought so.
Misunderstood.

Thats great news!
Thank you very much.
Great job...
But the dropbox link to sd image file doesn't work.... could U fix it?

Thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #42
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

link

Quote:
I wrote about the same way not exactly. I'm making patches for Glo and Touch right now. I'm gonna finish during the day.
Exact link to image file?
Thx
Old 02-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #43
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
Great job...
But the dropbox link to sd image file doesn't work.... could U fix it?

Thx
Fixed
Old 02-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #44
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm making patches for Glo and Touch right now.
Quote:
Thats great news!
Thank you very much.
Instructions for Kobo Glo and Kobo Touch were added as a comment to the post "Booting Android from external SD on Kobo Aura HD" on the blog
Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #45
xping
Connoisseur

working flawlessy

Quote:
Instructions for Kobo Glo and Kobo Touch were added as a comment to the post "Booting Android from external SD on Kobo Aura HD" on the blog
This method seems to work flowlessy on my aura HD.

I have a doubt just about what should work and what should not work.

Is there a way to make wifi work, or to have internet connection anyway?

P.S. Now I have an Aura HD with patched 3.1.1, Night mode, Koreader and Launcher. At start I can select Android or default boot.... after this, thanks to ADVboot I can select Nickel or Koreader..... Great!