Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #1261
paulvro
paulvro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Nope, you can safely use the same account.

Good luck
thanks, I will.

All seems to have worked out OK. Indeed I now have the 4.4.9349 software installed on the Reader. I don't see any error message on Calibre anymore (I don't remember what I did before that caused it to appear but the fact that it doesn't gives me enough hope that the problem is licked after all!

Thanks everyone who helped, I hoped that this is the final thing that needed resolving... :-)

Last edited by paulvro; Yesterday at 03:18 PM.
paulvro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #1262
koboy
Addict
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvro View Post
thanks, I will.

All seems to have worked out OK. Indeed I now have the 4.4.9349 software installed on the Reader. I don't see any error message on Calibre anymore (I don't remember what I did before that caused it to appear but the fact that it doesn't gives me enough hope that the problem is licked after all!

Thanks everyone who helped, I hoped that this is the final thing that needed resolving... :-)

moral of story, when e-reader is working to your complete satisfaction turn WiFi OFF.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #1263
paulvro

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
moral of story, when e-reader is working to your complete satisfaction turn WiFi OFF.

best wishes koboy
Great idea - stupid that I didn't think of that myself! Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #1264
MGlitch
Guru
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One
Though generally speaking you won't see such big changes. You happened into a perfect storm where you were new to Kobo, had issues with you device, and there was a major change to the homescreen all at roughly the same time.

To put it in some perspective I've not seen such a big User Interface change on my Kobo's in the last few years. Usually it's more subtle changes to how things work and tweaks to under the hood settings.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #1265
paulvro

Thank you MGlitch, that's reassuring to know. But thanks to the patience of you guys with me just helping me out where you could I guess I survived :-) Thanks once more to all!
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #1266
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo screen is totally different than computer or TV screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Ink
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote