Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #31
chihiro_tange
chihiro_tange began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8700c, Kindle Basic 2014
Great software!

I have a small question here. I'm using a kindle basic (2014 edition). When surfing a folder with lot of contents in it, means when you have to scroll down, the download popup appears at the top of the site. Sometimes you have to scroll up to be able to download the books (because you can't see the download button).

Just wanna ask is this only happens with my kindle's browser, or it's the same on all tablets?

I have a screenshot here, hope you get what I mean.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

And sorry about my poor english.

Have a nice day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2015_01_23T19_28_41+0700.png
Views:	1221
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	134094  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-07-2016 at 07:43 AM.
chihiro_tange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #32
Twyn
Enthusiast
Twyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo and Kobo Mini
I don't have a Kindle, so I can't reproduce your problem, but I agree, the download window could be better.
It works well on tablets (ipads, android tablets...), but not that well on smaller screens (phones and e-readers).

I know I should improve it, but it won't happen in a near future I'm afraid.
Twyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #33
Twyn
Enthusiast
Twyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Ubooquity 1.8.0 has just been released.

In a few words (click the link to go to the full release notes):

New requirements: Starting with this version, Ubooquity requires Java 7 or later.

New features and improvements

- Better cache management
- "host" option to choose the bound network interface
- "workdir" option to choose the directory in which Ubooquity creates its own files
- Comics folder customization (with your own icons and text)
- New comics reader, with "fit to width/height" options, as well as an automatic split of double pages.
- Extended exclusion pattern, to be able to exclude specific files (useful for people on Mac OS)

Fixed bugs

- Fixed "raw files" not working on Linux/Mac OS
- Fixed a problem with rendering PNG files using color type 6
- Fixed reverse proxy for OPDS feeds
- Fixed database path bug
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
Old 11-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
frenshprince
Connoisseur
frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo HD
Nice App.

Well done Twyn
frenshprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #35
Twyn
Enthusiast

Ubooquity 1.9.0 is available.

- Online epub reader: you can now read epub files online the same way you already could with comics and PDF books.

Miscellaneous

- The online comics reader manages double page splitting much better than before
- Thumbnails dimensions are now limited in the default and Modern themes. You don't need to manually resize your custom folder images anymore
- Better favicons for bookmarks
- Ubooquity is now fullscreen on Android devices when launched from a home screen shortcut
- Changed skin of the GUI (should me more usable on Linux)
- Fixed reverse proxy for PDF books online reader
- Raw files are now alphabetically sorted
- New logs: scan statistics and online reader accessed books/comics
Old 05-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #36
Twyn
Enthusiast

Ubooquity 1.10.1 is out.

PDF rendering has been greatly improved (thansk to the new version of PDFBox) and symbolic links are now supported.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 AM   #37
Twyn
Enthusiast

It's been a while (almost a year), but a new version of Ubooquity is available: Ubooquity 2.0.0 BETA.

• New internal HTTP server: NanoHTTPD has been replaced by Jetty. This should fix issues related to HTTP headers and connections.
  • Bookmarks synchronisation: bookmarks are now saved on the server. You can start reading a book or a comic on a device and resume your reading on another one. Previous mechanism (saving bookmarks in cookies) can still be activated in the advanced settings.
  • New UI: preferences have to be managed using the new web UI (which is now available on a separate port).
    The desktop UI is now a simple launcher, with a few limited options.

And a lots of other more minor changes and bug fixes.
Please read the full release notes before upgrading.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #38
Twyn
Enthusiast

2.1.0 is out, with some bug fixes and new features.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #39
bakker_be
bakker_be began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1, Acer Iconia Tab A700
Hi there, I've just come across this wonderful tool, got it running as a service on my headless ubuntu 16.04 and now I would like to get it to use the signed SSL certificate I got from Let's Encrypt, which I also use for my Apache webserver, but the info on https://vaemendis.github.io/ubooquit...s-encrypt.html only covers self-signed certificates, which isn't what I have at all.
I tried using just the last parts of the script, modifying the variables to what's actually on my system, but it didn't work out: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH is the error I get
bakker_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 01:39 PM   #40
Twyn
Enthusiast

Version 3 is coming: a beta is available.