Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
knc1: thanks for help
zeb: try knc1's advices.
Also check variable with shared libraries paths or use ldconfig as mentioned
For example look here:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-s...-library-path/

And try to run Fastboot-GUI over strace:

strace -o outFile ./Fastboot\ GUI

in outFile will be seen paths, where libraries are loaded from
(and other things).
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
Thanks knc1. This is what I get:

Code:
$ ldd Fastboot\ GUI
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf770c000)
        libmono-2.0.so.1 => not found
        libc.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf7535000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf770d000)
I tried to copy libmono-2.0.so.1 in the Fastboot GUI directory, but this does not solve the issue.
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
And try to run Fastboot-GUI over strace:

strace -o outFile ./Fastboot\ GUI

in outFile will be seen paths, where libraries are loaded from
(and other things).
Thanks hostar. The strace dump givces me something:
Code:
execve("./Fastboot GUI", ["./Fastboot GUI"], [/* 66 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x9e6b000
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xf77cf000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=205391, ...}) = 0
mmap2(NULL, 205391, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0xf779c000
close(3)                                = 0
open("/usr/lib32/tls/i686/sse2/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/tls/i686/sse2", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/tls/i686/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/tls/i686", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/tls/sse2/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/tls/sse2", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/tls/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/tls", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/i686/sse2/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/i686/sse2", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/i686/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/i686", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/sse2/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32/sse2", 0xffffffffff9180a0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib32/libmono-2.0.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/lib32", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=36864, ...}) = 0
writev(2, [{"./Fastboot GUI", 14}, {": ", 2}, {"error while loading shared libra"..., 36}, {": ", 2}, {"libmono-2.0.so.1", 16}, {": ", 2}, {"cannot open shared object file", 30}, {": ", 2}, {"No such file or directory", 25}, {"\n", 1}], 10) = 130
exit_group(127)                         = ?
+++ exited with 127 +++
Apparently it looks for /usr/lib32, but mono is in /usr/lib. My system is an Archlinux 64 bits. There are no multilibs or lib32- for mono, only /usr/lib. Which Linux version do you use?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
avira says that this app is infected
Antivir is famous for false positive reports (as are other well-known antivirus tools). Even so, they do not (and cannot) catch the vast majority of viruses created in the past year or so, which require network traffic analysis to detect their "phone home" behavior. That is why several antivirus programs have become huge sandboxed network-snooping "big brother" suites that bog down computers (while still not very effective).

This is also why most companies that do secure computing put TWO computers on their employees desktops (one connected only to the internet for email and web browsing, and the other connected to the internal secure LAN for mission-critical apps), and they have VERY strict guidelines about what can be installed on computers connected to the internal network.

So, PROBABLY a false positive.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Thanks hostar. The strace dump givces me something:
[/CODE]Apparently it looks for /usr/lib32, but mono is in /usr/lib. My system is an Archlinux 64 bits. There are no multilibs or lib32- for mono, only /usr/lib. Which Linux version do you use?
Best bet - install multi-lib support from your distribution.

If it is looking for one 32bit library, those others that it did find probably need to be 32bit also - the application just hasn't run far enough to blow up on that problem at this point.

Once you install multi-lib support - this will all be handled for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #21
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Best bet - install multi-lib support from your distribution.

If it is looking for one 32bit library, those others that it did find probably need to be 32bit also - the application just hasn't run far enough to blow up on that problem at this point.

Once you install multi-lib support - this will all be handled for you.
Hi, that is the problem: I have multilib installed, but under Archlinux, there is no lib32 mono version.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi, that is the problem: I have multilib installed, but under Archlinux, there is no lib32 mono version.
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mono/
That is the 32bit version.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #23
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yes, but not the multilib version for 64 bit systems. This is the i686, 32-bit version, which cannot be installed on a x86_64 architecture. The path of the files is /usr/lib, not /usr/lib32.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Yes, but not the multilib version for 64 bit systems. This is the i686, 32-bit version, which cannot be installed on a x86_64 architecture. The path of the files is /usr/lib, not /usr/lib32.
The pathname should not be included in the application binary, that is determined by the ld.so setup. You can check by doing a symbol dump on the application, looking for 'NEEDED'.

OK, next choice, can you get a Linux-VServer kernel for the ArchLinux distribution? (Probably so - ArchLinux is pretty techy)

Then just run a 32bit Linux-VServer context on your 64bit host.
And run the application in the 32bit Linux-VServer instance (once you fight with passing X11 in/out of the guest instance).

Another choice -
Since this is a rarely used service application - run it from a 32bit, "Linux LiveCD" instance. I would suggest Knoppix. Follow its direction to put it on a USB stick (one command), the first time you start the USB version it will ask if you want a persistent file, agree.
Then install 32bit mono and this application into the USB/Knoppix.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Another choice -
Since this is a rarely used service application - run it from a 32bit, "Linux LiveCD" instance. I would suggest Knoppix. Follow its direction to put it on a USB stick (one command), the first time you start the USB version it will ask if you want a persistent file, agree.
Then install 32bit mono and this application into the USB/Knoppix.
That is a good idea, I could also use VirtualBox, but I am afraid virtualisation will be an issue for USB access. Further more, it is an overkill just for testing a software: it would be simpler if hostar recompiled the software with "libmono.h" (or equivalent) without a path, and I think it is even necessary, since as you say the pathname should not be included in the code.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What he builds against won't help you if you don't have the right software for the right arch on your end. (And, besides, Mono isn't a run of the mill "bundle 'o funcs" lib, it's a VM/Interpreter/Whatever for C#, so static linking is out of the question).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
That is a good idea, I could also use VirtualBox, but I am afraid virtualisation will be an issue for USB access. Further more, it is an overkill just for testing a software: it would be simpler if hostar recompiled the software with "libmono.h" (or equivalent) without a path, and I think it is even necessary, since as you say the pathname should not be included in the code.
The pathname should not be included in the binary.

I think that the only reason you are seeing reports of /usr/lib32 is because that is the last place the loader looked in its list of places to search.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #28
zeb
Connoisseur

Well, hostar said he would release the source code. In that case I can wait for this and try to see how this works on my system.

@NiLuJe: As far as I know, Arch does not provide multilib for mono, I am unsure if this is normal or an overlook from the packagers.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
The pathname should not be included in the binary.

I think that the only reason you are seeing reports of /usr/lib32 is because that is the last place the loader looked in its list of places to search.
Yes but I have the libraries in /usr/lib. So the loader should find them before looking somewhere else.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I use VirtualBox, and its USB device passthrough works great. The USB port does not even reset when swapping the USB device in and out of the VM, so my kindle stays in fastboot mode even when using MfgTool in the windows VM, and then disconnecting it from the VM and using linux fastboot to continue debricking.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking, fastboot, gui, linux, windows