Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Here's another joint venture from the BBC and British Museum for you history buffs:

A History of the World in 100 Objects

Quote:
A 100 part series by Neil MacGregor, Director of the British Museum, exploring world history from two million years ago to the present.
Download all 100 Episodes (14-15 minutes per episode = ~24 hours)

A History of the World - BBC
A History of the World - British Museum
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The MP3 download of "The Tempest" is now available, and will remain so for the next week.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #18
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Here's another joint venture from the BBC and British Museum for you history buffs:

A History of the World in 100 Objects

A History of the World - BBC
A History of the World - British Museum
thanks

also thanks to harry for the shakespeare episodes
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Holy Makerel, one at a time?! Good thing there is DownThemAll for Firefox!

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Holy Makerel, one at a time?! Good thing there is DownThemAll for Firefox!

ApK
Actually, the 14 min./episode is playing time. iTunes is hustling them down for me. Timed an individual download (i.e., nothing downloading simultaneously except Calibre News) at a pipe speed of 2.8Mbps down, and it took ~15 seconds.

Thanks to Harry and tubemonkey, great stuff!
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Holy Makerel, one at a time?!
All your waking moment are belong to us
Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "100 Objects" series is a situation where it's a heck of a lot easier to download the lot from a torrent site.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "100 Objects" series is a situation where it's a heck of a lot easier to download the lot from a torrent site.
Like TPB?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I actually use a site called "radioarchive.cc", which tracks only off-air radio recordings - no commercial stuff.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I actually use a site called "radioarchive.cc", which tracks only off-air radio recordings - no commercial stuff.
Thanks a lot. Looks interesting.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope it has Amy Pond and Rory in it.
Absolutely...Rory receives pummeling from Amy and dies at least once during the play. I'm having trouble recalling the part of a resurrected love-stricken yet murderous Roman Centurion/Auton in "The Tempest." It would certainly make it more exciting...
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Twelfth Night is still available for listening on BBC Radio 3 for another 13 days.

Twelfth Night - BBC Radio 3
[EDIT: See a couple of posts below for a link that does not require signup or login with 4shared. Thanks for the alert, ApK.]

A downloadable mp3 version of the Twelfth Night is here, recorded from the stream (with added gain and tags).

I believe you need to be sure to click on the correct Download button; then it makes you wait for the real Download button (I can't see exactly how it behaves, because it lets me bypass the wait because it's my own file).

Last edited by jj2me; 05-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #28
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
A downloadable mp3 version of the Twelfth Night is here, recorded from the stream (with added gain and tags).
Requires sign up with 4shared, by the way.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #29
jj2me
Guru

Quote:
Requires sign up with 4shared, by the way.
A different link to Twelfth Night, without the need for signup.

(4shared didn't used to have that policy, at least it didn't 6 months ago.)
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
A different link to Twelfth Night, without the need for signup.

(4shared didn't used to have that policy, at least it didn't 6 months ago.)
You rawk!