Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Cataloging Series Anthologies

How do you catalog single book anthologies with multiple authors contributing novellas from their respective series?

Do you create individual blank books with that story contribution and put it in with the various series pointing to the anthology? Or some other method?

Also, how do you deal with the authors when the anthology lists the authors as the editors? Lateley the medtadata downloads are listing (editor) after the author names and it's messing with my tag browser. Listing the same author twice because the author sort drops the (editor).

Kind of trying to find a good fix and finally set it up.

I have a bunch of these books and never really dealt with them but I am trying to get a good system in place.

Any suggestions or insights are welcome
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:30 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I actually came across a few recently -- one was the free Tor.com offering, and the other was this.

Series omnibuses I usually keep together, but for completely separate books of which I have varying (or zero) interest? EpubSplit.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-10-2022 at 07:34 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2022, 07:48 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I rip the book apart and create a new ebook for each short story.

For example there are a few novellas and anthologies for Jack Reacher by Lee Child. I extract the stories create new ebooks and insert them into the series where they belong. I edit the cover to show the name of the story.

I've not come across authors as editors as yet.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I use epub split to split out only those stories for series I already read. For instance, Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Otherwise, listed by editor. Then make it a separate book with numbering as a point something (i.e. 1.5). For a few outstanding ones, I make them separate books and put in SS at the end of the title to indicate Short Story.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:13 PM   #5
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks! That's pretty much what I do with the splitting of the anthology, but I decided to just go in and drop the "edited" from the author in the anthology as a whole.

I really overthink my library.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert