Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Header loosing centering when changing views

I was wondering if anyone was also seeing this.

At the top of my page in book view I create the title and set it with a h1 tag. I then center it. It all looks fine.

Later after editing the content of the book using a mix of the views (depending on which view is easier for the specific type of editing), I then go back to the top of the book and find that the title that should be centered is now on the left.

I re-center it and carry on working. Later I go back to the top and find the title has again moved to the left.

I look at the title in code view and find this:

h2.sgc-4 {text-align: center;}

<h1 class="sgc-4">Title</h1>

I've taken the corresponding text from the file to show you. Now if I'm reading the code correctly, shouldn't the sigil class have h1 in it and not h2?

Also if I re-center the title and look at the code again, I'll find the code will look like: <h1 class="sgc-4 sgc-4">Title</h1>

As far as I can tell h2.sgc-4 {text-align: center;} is for when I center a h2 tag and not a h1 tag. So why am I not getting a h1 sigil class being generated.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I look at the title in code view and find this:

h2.sgc-4 {text-align: center;}

<h1 class="sgc-4">Title</h1>

I've taken the corresponding text from the file to show you. Now if I'm reading the code correctly, shouldn't the sigil class have h1 in it and not h2?
Probably a bug in HTML Tidy. Try to create a reproducible test case and create an issue with the step-by-step instructions on the tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Also if I re-center the title and look at the code again, I'll find the code will look like: <h1 class="sgc-4 sgc-4">Title</h1>
That's a somewhat related, but much bigger problem.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
I'm encountering this problem as well.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkramer View Post
I'm encountering this problem as well.
As I've instructed the original poster, an issue needs to be created so I can track it, test it, confirm it and finally fix it. The bug reporter needs to create a step-by-step procedure that replicates the problem, as this wiki page instructs.

I've created such an issue now myself, but in the future, do try to follow the prescribed procedure for reporting bugs. It's there to help you, the users. Detailed issue reports make fixing bugs easier and faster, and I'd think this is in everyone's best interest, especially the user's.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Valloric

And this is now fixed.
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Aaahh!!

I new I was going to to raise another issue on the tracker, but I couldn't remember what it was.

Sorry.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
in the future, do try to follow the prescribed procedure for reporting bugs. It's there to help you, the users. Detailed issue reports make fixing bugs easier and faster, and I'd think this is in everyone's best interest, especially the user's.
Advice taken. Sorry about that. I don't always know if something is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. In future I will follow procedure!
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote