Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Using "gideon-addingtons-imac.local:8080" allowed me to get on it with other stuff on the network. Will try Stanza but that isn't a big deal to me (as stanza seems to absolutely hate my mobi format stuff).
For stanza on the iPhone/iPod use:

gideon-addingtons-imac.local:8080/stanza

But, this will only show books that you have in the ePub format.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Weird... Mobiread ate my reply.

Yeah, everything is working now. Even stanza. Though my mobi formatted to ePub still look like garbage. News I've fetched that is already in ePub format looks great though.

Is there a list of Calibre's fetched news of news sources that are complete? (Which is to say - when I fetch News I don't get a lot of "read more...." and half articles.)
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiLinguist View Post
Ah, good point, ilovejedd. I hadn't thought about that.

However, to do this, you would need to know your WAN side IP address, correct? Those are usually always dynamically assigned (at least for comcast in the US). However, there are lots of ways to find out the IP address of your own machine remotely. So, I guess it should still be doable.

Mightn't it be easier (and possibly more secure) to just write a cronjob that syncs your calibre database every night to a location that's accessible on the web. Like your iDisk (if you have one) or to your own server?
I don't have iDisk (whatever that is) and setting up a database driven web server that mimics the Calibre server is outside my skillset at the moment. For me, it was easier to use DynDNS for dynamic IP resolution and set up port forwarding on the router. It's a security hole, but I'm crossing my fingers that nothing will happen.

@Gideon
Check out the Custom Recipe thread in the Calibre subforum. Also, I think you can get some online news ebooks from Feedbooks. The catalog should already in there when you select Online Catalog from your iPhone.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote