Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
bobgus
bobgus began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Loading flow... takes too long every time.

When I click on a converted to Epub document, the reader shows 'Loading flow...' for a long time. Then I can read the 1st page. When I go to the 2nd page, I again see 'Loading flow...' once the flow is loaded for the 2nd page, then all pages are visible with little wait time.

How can I 'load the flow' permanently, so future access is not delayed?
bobgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgus View Post
When I click on a converted to Epub document, the reader shows 'Loading flow...' for a long time. Then I can read the 1st page. When I go to the 2nd page, I again see 'Loading flow...' once the flow is loaded for the 2nd page, then all pages are visible with little wait time.

How can I 'load the flow' permanently, so future access is not delayed?
The 'page' must be huge (or complex)
or you are running on a really under powered system (low RAM, slow CPU)

Initial load take a bit on a P4 3.2 (2G RAM ), but page turns are good.

Having the book in EPUB format helps. All else is converted on the fly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an epub to epub conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
bobgus
bobgus began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
@theducks -- 49 pages. Running on an 8GB Quad Linux box. iPad just gives a white page. I didn't wait...

@kovidgoyal epub to epub conversion ?? Sounds like a good idea.
bobgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgus View Post
@theducks -- 49 pages. Running on an 8GB Quad Linux box. iPad just gives a white page. I didn't wait...

@kovidgoyal epub to epub conversion ?? Sounds like a good idea.
Since Epub does not really have 'Pages".
49 Screens?
49 Print version pages?
I tend to work in Bytes and words (Count pages PI type)

I am guessing OMG coding
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
loading problem, view