Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
At the movies

What is the funniest line that you have seen in any movie?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What is the funniest line that you have seen in any movie?
Off the top of my head a few of the funniest lines I have ever heard are:

Quote:
"What makes you think she's a witch?" "Well, she turned me into a newt." "A newt?" "I got better."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail.
Quote:
"You're not wrong Walter, you're just an asshole."
The Big Lebowski
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.
Airplane!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm going blank, got a few very good lines but I simply can't remember them off the top of my head
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
For funny quotes, I loved the two Addams family movies (the ones with Raul Julia as Gomez and Anjelica Huston as Morticia).

---

[after burying two people]
Pugsley: Are they dead?
Wednesday: Does it matter?

---

[The new babysitter arrives]
Debbie: Hi! Hi. I'm Debbie Jellinsky from the agency.
Morticia: The agency? But they claimed no one else was available. They suggested a Doberman.

---

Morticia: Wednesday's at that age when a young girl has only one thing on her mind.
Ellen Buckman: Boys?
Wednesday: Homicide.

---

Ron Buckman: Our Amanda's skipped two grades already. How about your boy?
Gomez: Probation!
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Okay, then. Wednesday turns up at a Halloween party wearing, apparently, her normal clothes, and gets asked what she's come as.

"I'm a serial killer. They look just like everybody else."
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I love that movie Airplane:

Air trafic controller supervisor: He's going to crash!
Air traffic controller: Just like Gerald Ford.

Air Traffic Controller supervisor: I want all the lights we can spare on that runway
Dump Truck pulls up to the runway and dumps a load of house hold lamps on the runway.

Air Traffic control supervisor: Johnny how about a cup of coffee!
Johnny: No, thanks.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote